99 Vmax deluxe 600 redhead! Clutch and jetting specs!

knockout

Doing the head gasket mod, reed cage spacer and boring the silencer! Turk has clutching and jetting specs for the sx 600 but nothing for the deluxe! Will the sx specs work on the deluxe even though the gearing is different between the 2 sleds!
Is the air box mod worth doing? Sled will be used mainly for trail riding!
If Turks numbers won’t work does anyone have the setup I’m doing and willing to give me their setup?
TIA

as long as it is red head to red head it will work. i would not do air box mod with todays gas quality and it can also cause issues. gearing will affect the clutching performance/fuel mileage in my experiance.

Deluxe isn’t much different just reverse, electric start & gearing. Id probably leave the airbox as is if it were mine but only run premium from now on with the headgasket mod and follow Turks jetting should be fine.

Yes, Turk has a recipe for the 99 Triple there I see.
Also, Mr Sled posted this a couple years ago just FYI

"Here is what we usually did to the 99 SX600, Single Layer head gasket, bore the silencer, notch the read stoppers. Stock Jetting, with stock needle position, pilot screws at 1 3/4,set fuel levels at 14.3mm. Then we clutched the sled with 8AB weights with 2.4 G in both holes, 15mm rollers, G-S-G primary spring with 1 engagement shim. Secondary 48/43, green secondary spring set at 80 and make sure you ran an 8DN belt."

Last edited:
why i said red head to read head. i know they made a 600 twin as i wanted a 600cc sled back when i bought my sx500r in 03.

Back