1996 Phazer 2 LE crank case drain?

Junkers456

I recently have been trying to get my 96 Phazer to run (it sat for a nice bit of time) and when I went to turn it over the engine was stuck. Poured some Marvel Mystery Oil down each hole along with some PB Blaster and it came free, no problem. The issue is that the stuff I poured down the cylinders was no longer in the cylinders after I got it turned over. I'm fairly confident that a good portion of it leaked past and into the case and was wondering if it's possible to drain the case with the engine in the sled? Really don't want to pressurize the block and end up with a hole...

there should be some drain plugs on the bottom of the crank case on the exhaust side. never had to drain the et340 that filled with water while covered in storage. found it as it stuck the crank in ice. once it turned free, we just started it and got it hot and have had no issues with it for the last 20 years and it gets run every year. done the same thing with a polaris with stuck rings that i used oven cleaner on and flushed out with penetrating oil.

Yamaha doesn't have crankcase drains. Polaris did on many models.
Remove spark plugs.
Tip the sled onto its side, have someone support it while doing this.
Turn engine over multiple times with ignition off. This should clear most fluids from crankcase.

Back