Crankcase

fullcoda

Trying to Frankenstein a triple 700 whole engine from two engines, seems to be going well. A couple of crank bearings from this one, water pump from that, best 3 pistons and jugs etc. Question, I don't see any reference to any sealant or gasket between the two crankcase halves. Should I? Or is it just metal on metal?

if memory serves i think they used yamabond on them. it still needs sealant on there and i think permatex makes one that works well. been over 10 years since i did one though.

Maims right, there is no gasket, just clean everything up and use a thin layer on each half of a liquid gasket like Threebond 1104 or Athena Athesil or permatex equivalent.

I would install a new rubber washer under the water pump impeller bolt while it's apart. Or at least inspect the one on it. If there is any metal exposed on either side replace it. Use only the oem yamaha rubber coated washer.

And dont mix up the the cases. They are line bored together and cant be interchanged.

I would install a new rubber washer under the water pump impeller bolt while it's apart. Or at least inspect the one on it. If there is any metal exposed on either side replace it. Use only the oem yamaha rubber coated washer.
Yup, all new gaskets

Back