Used sled model advice

MaxExciterII

Hello all, I'm new here, and pretty new to snowmobiling. I would like suggestions on finding the right sled for me for this season. Last year I got a 1993 Exciter 2 Le, and a 1997 Vmax 600 SX. Vmax came with some crusty Ohlins shocks in the front. Both sleds were well used.

I'm looking to get a third sled that fits how I want to use it, now that I know I love snowmobiles. Can you all suggest a used sled that will do what I think I need?

I don't need to fly on the trails, I'm more interested in not getting stuck, and getting something with a better seating position and suspension for my bad back. Actually, the trails by me are poorly maintained (too many of them, more trails in my area than paved roads) and there is nowhere to park a trailer for ~30 miles, so screaming down a smooth trail is lower priority. I live in northern Wisconsin, so I ride lots of dirt roads, ditches, deer paths, and lakes/rivers. I would like reverse and electric start, but if not having them makes the sled much easier to drag out of a ditch, let me know not to go for those. I definitely think I need something with a bigger track with bigger lugs. There are tons of places to ice fish within 5 miles, but poor access (dirt roads that even pickups avoid) so once again, I'd like to get stuck a lot less riding to these places.. I'm also cheap (see my other sleds haha), so I'm not looking for anything much over $3000-$4000 if I can help it. Cheaper is better.

I'm not sure what will be best for me. I'm not even sure I'm giving you all the information you need :) What used sleds should I be looking for? Thanks!

pretty much any of the mtx sleds would do what you want or a 2 up venture as they usually had 136" or longer track depending on year. ventures are usually softer riding sleds.

for better seating position, you would need to go 06 and up as the seats on them where taller and more comfortable to ride. on the 03-05 4 strokes, you can add the 06-10 seat on most 4 stroke models to improve the seating position.

Back