1997 Yamaha Venture TR Ski Upgrade

Venture2up

Hello All,
I'm looking for an upgrade to my skis.... currently have the steel skis with no skins. I once had a 1997 600 Mountain Max with plastic skis and carbides and found those to be nice also thinking they would reduce the weight too.
Just wondering your thoughts?
Should I keep steel skis?
Should I get skins?
Should I upgrade to something else?

Thanks, Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_6685.jpgIMG_6684.jpg

well with some slight mods to the ski sleeve, you can install any of the sr viper or sidewinder skis. benefit will be lighter front end, better ski profile for turning and better carbide selection. i am running the 2014 sr viper skis on the front of my 1997 et410 t/r.

here is the tread when i did it. https://totallyamaha.net/threads/101724/

i did grind out a bit more than i had to when i did it but skis still on there and working.

with the sleeve mod i did, you can use pretty much any aftermarket ski i have ever seen. i did have the rx1/sx viper ski mod on it for awhile but i bent the saddles and went this direction with it.

well with some slight mods to the ski sleeve, you can install any of the sr viper or sidewinder skis. benefit will be lighter front end, better ski profile for turning and better carbide selection. i am running the 2014 sr viper skis on the front of my 1997 et410 t/r.

here is the tread when i did it. https://totallyamaha.net/threads/101724/

i did grind out a bit more than i had to when i did it but skis still on there and working.

with the sleeve mod i did, you can use pretty much any aftermarket ski i have ever seen. i did have the rx1/sx viper ski mod on it for awhile but i bent the saddles and went this direction with it.
Hey thanks, for the quick reply and reference to your post. I like it. Any chance you have some photos kicking around? When I clicked on the post it said photos currently unavailable

Here is one I still have on my phone.

Attachments

• 64F63183-788D-4815-9E46-34C4308B05D2.jpeg
    64F63183-788D-4815-9E46-34C4308B05D2.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
Here is one I still have on my phone.
Oh yup I like that better than what I have. Thanks I’ll do some digging around and get shopping. It’s -35 degrees Celsius or -31 Fahrenheit so I got time lol

Hello All,
I'm looking for an upgrade to my skis.... currently have the steel skis with no skins. I once had a 1997 600 Mountain Max with plastic skis and carbides and found those to be nice also thinking they would reduce the weight too.
Just wondering your thoughts?
Should I keep steel skis?
Should I get skins?
Should I upgrade to something else?

Thanks, Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 67648View attachment 67649
Good all around sled for pulling kids, hauling corn to deer or just trail sight seeing ! I had the same exact year and of all the sleds I had since 1968 this one I wish I had back... I had U.S.I. skis on it and a big difference in handling and ride.

Back