Secondary bearing help.

stealth82

I'm changing the bearing behind the secondary clutch. I got the new bearing on, but the 2 collars that hold the bearing in. I cant get the 2 collars to snap together. And I dont want to damage the bearing. Any ideas? Thanks

I'm changing the bearing behind the secondary clutch. I got the new bearing on, but the 2 collars that hold the bearing in. I cant get the 2 collars to snap together. And I dont want to damage the bearing. Any ideas? Thanks
The new bearing has the rounded top?

Did you ensure you have the components going back together in the same order they came off? It has been a long time since I changed a pro action drive shaft bearing but don't the collars clamp the bearing from the inside or engine side of the bulkhead?

Did you ensure you have the components going back together in the same order they came off? It has been a long time since I changed a pro action drive shaft bearing but don't the collars clamp the bearing from the inside or engine side of the bulkhead?
Yes they do, both are on the inside.

So I had ordered a bearing for behind the secondary clutch and also for the track drive. Both bearings have the same locking collars and only one had the rounded edges. So apparently I must've had them switched like an idiot! Thanks guys for the help.

Back