1978 enticer 250 gas & oil line hookup

Therookie

Hi I’m hoping someone can help me. 1978 Yamaha enticer 250 need a picture or diagram of gas and oil line hook ups. I took carb. off and had to take gas tank and oil reservoir off and didn’t mark all the lines so not sure where they go.
Thanks for your time.
The rookie

I think i answered this question on a diff site ,,, but maybe diff user ... the spigot device bolted to bottom of the oil tank
was a convenient spot i guess.. it should be a remote cable operated fuel shut off ,in and out , nothing to do with oil.
I have been finding good Yamaha catalogs in partszilla
the picture in question
Ron

I think i answered this question on a diff site ,,, but maybe diff user ... the spigot device bolted to bottom of the oil tank
was a convenient spot i guess.. it should be a remote cable operated fuel shut off ,in and out , nothing to do with oil.
I have been finding good Yamaha catalogs in partszilla
the picture in question
Ron
Ron
Thank you so much you are right about the gas shut off on oil tank. Still not sure where all the lines get connected. Okay the oil tank has 2 nipples (plus 2 nipples on gas shut off) I know the one on the very top is a breather tube and doesn’t hook up to anything where does the one on the bottom go to? Also where do the 2 nipples on the gas shut go to? There is 2 nipples on the oil pump that I don’t know what connects to them. Carb. has 2 nipples does the top one go to the crank case and was line goes to the brass nipple? There is also a sm. Clear hose on carb. about 3” high with blk. cap I believe it’s for checking level of fuel in carb. there is also a small blk. hose about 5” long with a brass clamp on carb. it’s on the under side of carb. where the carb. hooks up to intake manifold. Does it get attached to anything or is some type of breather? Also gas tank has 3 nipples one on bottom off tank that is attached to a cap where does it go to? and 2 more nipples on top of tank I believe one is for venting not sure where the other one goes.
I really appreciate your time.
Thanks again, Angie

Attachments

• IMG_9746.jpeg
    IMG_9746.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9734.jpeg
    IMG_9734.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9778.jpeg
    IMG_9778.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9776.jpeg
    IMG_9776.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
the small black is the oil pump to the manifold ,,, another will come from bottom of oil tank
to the injection pump .... that spigot under the oil tank was just mounted there to look pretty
and so they could install a remote cable to that FUEL shut off spigot ... top oil tank is air vent .
Fuel tank will have a vent , probably a loop for site gauge .
Impulse line comes from crankcase to carb,,, often hard and getting brittle , cracks and won't run
the diaphragm pump.
If the fuel shut off is seized / blocked you can run the hose to the carb directly .. BUT sometimes
the tank would siphon fuel into engine when left full and parked nose down on a trailer, so
yours got a handy valve.. Most other brands made you lift the hood to close the valve.
Ron

the small black is the oil pump to the manifold ,,, another will come from bottom of oil tank
to the injection pump .... that spigot under the oil tank was just mounted there to look pretty
and so they could install a remote cable to that FUEL shut off spigot ... top oil tank is air vent .
Fuel tank will have a vent , probably a loop for site gauge .
Impulse line comes from crankcase to carb,,, often hard and getting brittle , cracks and won't run
the diaphragm pump.
If the fuel shut off is seized / blocked you can run the hose to the carb directly .. BUT sometimes
the tank would siphon fuel into engine when left full and parked nose down on a trailer, so
yours got a handy valve.. Most other brands made you lift the hood to close the valve.
Ron
Ron thanks for information I will see what I can do.
Thanks Angie

Back