Been out of the loop!

bimmerville

Hey all been out of the loop for awhile so all the knowledge I once had and what fits what and so on has kind of all fallen out of my head. I have a 2001 sxr700 and a 2007 mtx 144 phazer skid going into it. I would like to put all ohlins in it or fox but am having a hell of a time finding what fits and will get the front end up a bit higher (14.5 to 15in approximately) to match the skid. I was also hoping to find a set of ohlins or fox for the rear. I was kind of told to use everything out of the 06 mountain viper for the front end pieces. Lastly as pioneer seems to be closed who is everyone using to revalve the shocks. Thanks guys any help would be greatly appreciated and of course dump all your pics of what you have done so I can get some more ideas on where to go with the build!

the viper front with the 09 mtx ski will probably get you close to the height you want on the front. as to the rears, i have never looked for aftermarket shocks as i just got the phazer rtx shocks rebuilt that i used to make the 09 phazer rtx/x. any of the phazer 121" skid shocks that are rebuildable will work fine in there as the stock mtx shocks are not serviceable. never heard of an olin's for the rear on that skid. you are going to want to look at the shock connection/pivot block pivot point as they are a known fail point on the phazer skids. we ordered a schmitt brothers replacement one and i usually pull the pivot pin out and grease the needle berings in it every year.

the viper front with the 09 mtx ski will probably get you close to the height you want on the front. as to the rears, i have never looked for aftermarket shocks as i just got the phazer rtx shocks rebuilt that i used to make the 09 phazer rtx/x. any of the phazer 121" skid shocks that are rebuildable will work fine in there as the stock mtx shocks are not serviceable. never heard of an olin's for the rear on that skid. you are going to want to look at the shock connection/pivot block pivot point as they are a known fail point on the phazer skids. we ordered a schmitt brothers replacement one and i usually pull the pivot pin out and grease the needle berings in it every year.
Did you mean the ski? or the skid?

Back