V max clutching

Mad Maxx

Is there any way to clutch a 700 Vmax so that it will run with a stock Viper ? Does any one out there like their Boss seats? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

700 vmx = 112 hp. Viper = 120 hp. All things equal...nope! If you come across a poorly set up 1 you can stay with him but as for a well set up Viper...no way.

follow turks advice on a good setup for you clutches on your sled. it wont make you run even with the viper but you will be close enough so that the other rider has to keep movin to stay in front on the trails.

Help Turk

What would be a good clutch setup on my 98 vmax 700? Machine is stock, other than transfer rods. Most riding is on trails. Mileage is 9700 kms. Would like not to lose top end. thanks for your help!

Stock weights work well with a 51/43 helix. Sled should run 83-8500 rpm. Run a 3.6 gram inner rivet & a 3.1 gram outer

I have a 2000 Vmax 700, 10,000K on it . Did all the cheap mods to it. Changed helix and rivets as Turk recommended and it runs very good now. I did change rivets several times to get rpm's down to 8400. Ended up with 4.5 grams in both holes. Springs are w-s-w and green @ 60*; 8ch weights. Your weights and gearing maybe a little different, Turk would know.

Some 700,s run 8cr weights, some use 8ch..the sx-r runs 8df with different rollers. Lotsa variables in the primary.

Back