Which Spark plugs?

stein700sx

VIP Member
Which plugs should I use in my 97 700sx? I bought the sled used and it came with NGK br9eya. I noticed while working on it this year that it calls for br9es.
Does it matter?

I run br9eya in a 600 vmax and br9ev in a modded 700 sx. some guys are running a platium tip plug as well

stein, br9eya are an anti fouling plug, you should have no problem running them plugs. i have used them plugs for a few years in both my sx and sxr

Some guys put Champion in their Yamaha's, that fixes the problem. My 00 SRX uses NGK's but my Vmax-4 uses Champions. Had good luck so far :WayCool:

i run br9eya in my viper, it calls for br9es, but i find that the eya's seem to last longer and very rairly ever foul. i do believe they are the same heat range but if you look they have a small groove cut in the electrode, thus creating a larger spark area, thus less fouling.

Thanx for the info
sled seem to perform the same on either set tried both on a 400km trp two weeks ago 200km on the es and 200 on the eya
Ya noticed the v groove on the eya. Noticed the eya they also have more electrode sticking out.Was just wondering

Back