New track...lost speed...Help!!

yammy

I recently put on a 1.25 camoplast ,connected cone track on my sx. I knew i would lose a lil speed , but man alive! I lost alot of speed. I cant get over 90 on speedo Now. Im tryin to figure out why, Is it because every 3rd window closed? and im getting too much friction? Or is it just too much track for this sled ... My rpms are spot on! Would anti wear pads bring back my speed? any one have experience with this problem? I need to know.
yammy

Peopl on the rx/rs forum said they gained a few mph with the anti wear pads.

neew slides too? just give it a 100 miles for the new slides to wear in. I noticed no loss in top end going from a .92 -> 1.25 track AFTER the new slides wore in. How about your track tension?

they anti wear pads will help. The other thing is that there MUST be some loose snow flying around to be able to get top speed out of a closed window track, because otherwise there is a lot of friction between the plastic and rubber. Also a set of slides that have went through a lot of hot/cold heat cycles seem to run a lot better on the closed window tracks, because they resist melting much better. When i had my '97 with the closed window track i put on a new set of slides just because when i changed the track, and it took a few heat cycles before the slides would stop sticking and i could get my top speed back.

i got about 700 miles on the track, tension is loose,and i did put new slides on after about 200miles. Estimated speed lose is about 10 mph! I had plenty of snow for lube too. Also i did have a problem with my sled suddenly lose spark after i shut it off this weekend. She finally would start up after coolin down ,,,dont know whats up with that.I'm thinkin that i got a loose wire somewhere,

Check the stator I had the same problem Would always need new plugs to get it running also these sleds had a wiring problem in the harness under the engine Check with an ohm meter on each lead to ground move the harness around while checking each lead but Iwould check the stator first

Well i found a exposed wire under the motor...replced... stator seemed very week...replaced that too. She seems alot betr ...starts on one pull now, but still...no top end in her . ..once it gets thru midrange it seems to hold and not release like it used too....(uknow over the hill sorta speak). Must be the drag on track causing it. But any way thanks guys, you've been a big help!

when I put my 9818 on last year, I lost 5-8 mph. Now that I just put tripples on I got it back. Those tracks will stretch for a long time. I'm still tightening mine after 2000 miles(twice this year). Have you checked your jetting? Maybe your too rich.

No baller im all piped up with lean jetting, clutches been all gone thru ,changed all bearings in drive line, etc..... Me thinks it is the track! dose'nt really have the bite i thought it would... sled makes a lota noise , throws alot a snow, but dose'nt go anywhere...LOL. Very unlike it used to be with my ole yokohama studed track, that just laid waste to srx's

Back