I want a crotch rocket

srxxx86

Right now im lookin at either an EX500 or YZF 600... what do you guys think?

btw, im 15...

...ouch!

Attachments

• acc_1.jpg
    acc_1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 37
  • acc_2.jpg
    acc_2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 42
  • acc_3.jpg
    acc_3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 34
  • acc_4.jpg
    acc_4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 26
...I apologize for the disturbing photo's, ...I've been on a bike for over 20yrs. and have seen my fair share of these scenes and came pretty close myself a couple of times, ...I plan on showing these pictures to my two son's as well when they get a little older, ...hopefully it will slow them down a bit.

no, dont have a dirtbike. dont want one either. :) All my poser friends have em though.

i am happy with my 2000 xt350. compared to the little xt225 i bought to learn on this thing has tons of balls. that and it runs around for a week on $5 of gas with me abusing the throttle the whole time (i shift it at 8000rpms every gear).

srx_eh did you see the one where the transport wheel got the guy on a bike in the rain over seas? some one showed me that one when i started about 5yrs ago. was not pretty.

I agree with Grapeape...do yourself a favor and get a dirt bike or a moped to start on. Even a little 250 cc street bike will do 85 MPH which can cause plenty of damage in the wrong hands.

I rode dirt bikes for 10 years prior to moving into the street and I still find myself in some sticky situations. People will turn in front of you, pull out when you least expect it or dear run out in front of you. A kinds of crazy stuff happens that you need to be ready for.

I love motorcycling nearly as much as snowmobiles, its a great sport to get into. I'm sure you will enjoy it as well just make sure you get a bike that you can handle.

Tom

He looks dead to me. In the first image you see his helmet planted securly in the grill of the truck. The second image shows his chared body partially covered with a sheet with whats left of his limbs hanging out.

If you ask me, anyone who applies for a motorcycle endorsment should have to view several uncensured motorcycle crash scenes such as this one. Its the reallity of what happens....SPEED KILLS.

Last year I wicked up my 919 to 155 Mph (dreammeter reading)on the interstate and a semi changed lanes in front of me....I nearly shit myself. No other traffic was around...the truck driver was just screwing with me (and my life). Yea, I shouldn't have been going that fast but the reality of it is.....if you have it, you going to use it. I try to control my urges a little better now....lesson learned.
Tom

Last edited:
ViperTom said:
He looks dead to me. In the first image you see his helmet planted securly in the grill of the truck. The second image shows his chared body partially covered with a sheet with whats left of his limbs hanging out.

If you ask me, anyone who applies for a motorcycle endorsment should have to view several uncensured motorcycle crash scenes such as this one. Its the reallity of what happens....SPEED KILLS.

Last year I wicked up my 919 to 155 Mph (dreammeter reading)on the interstate and a semi changed lanes in front of me....I nearly shit myself. No other traffic was around...the truck driver was just screwing with me (and my life). Yea, I shouldn't have been going that fast but the reality of it is.....if you have it, you going to use it. I try to control my urges a little better now....lesson learned.
Tom

he deserves to be shot!

If I had not had years of dirt under my belt before I rode on the street, I most llikely would not be around to post right now... Never had an accident on the street, amazing with all the stunts I pulled.

yea i'm glad i had a dirtbike for many years before i got my R6. You learn so much about how to react and how everything feels. Also the dirtbikes are a lot lighter, so you learn about the balance, movements, and reactions. I wouldn't feel safe on a crotch rocket without the dirtbike experience. Sometimes i dont feel safe on the bike anyway, because of all the people that don't see you or just don't care. You ALWAYS have to be on the defensive and ready to react

ViperTom said:

Tom
I had that happen to me a few times,i had a 03 R1 and some retard was entering the thruway and merged in without looking and ran me right out of my lane,i got really pissed and raced up along side him and flipped him off.Then the mother f'er swerved at me and tried to hit me,your not gonna win that battle on a bike so i just raced away.Man, i wish i had some marbles or old spark plugs in my pocket,he would of been eating Them!!! #$%&*

The YZF600R is a great first street bike. Light, comfortable, easy to handle, and plenty of power. They are also very reasonably priced, I bought my '02 as a brand new leftover in '03 for well under $6000. I use it to go to work and back and to combat $2.25/gallon gas prices.
I am just now growing out of it and considering an R6 after two years and 5000 miles.
I'd go for the YZF, you won't regret it as a first ride.

Back