What speed can i expect on my SRX440 on 1/8 mile drag?

MountainMax

Hey guys, i wondered what kind of time/speed can i expect to get out of it on a 1/8 mile drag race on packed snow, no ice or studs, 1" lug track Aaen pipes with 44mm taper bore carbs, and Aaen porting/head cut. anyone have any ideas? thanks.....

Attachments

• SRX6.jpg
    SRX6.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 23

a well set up srx should be able to break into at LEAST the 80's in an 1/8 mile, not sure about time

fast, thats all I can tell you. are you happy with Aaen? well built? good fit? thinking on getting some parts from them if I can find a good little phazer to play with this summer... :) and I agree with yamaholic, 80's. they dont weigh anything so they FLY considering the age and engine size :) post if you find out!

Actually im not happy with the Aaen pipes at all, they are almost seethrough thin, and did not fit proper, i had to cut them and reshape them slightly to fit. A buddy of mine put one on his Phazer also and it never fit well either, had to cut and reweld it also. but they do make Power......I have my SRX lightened down to about 350 pounds also from 410 stock and with 25 extra HP I was hoping for 80mph in 1/8 mile, will see soon im gonna try to race it before the year is over.

Srx

I am hoping to get my 78 Exciter together and try it out this weekend.

440 fan cooled
twin GPX pipes
Twin Mikuni 36mm rack carb

I saw a 78 SRX run 83 or 84 mph last weekend on ice in 1000' at the Forest Lake CMSA event on Saturday. Quite impressive I thought.

vmax3, try some 76 EX heads on your 78. My 76 was always a little faster then my 79 and that was about the only difference between the 2 of them.(except for the carb)

can try and get the fuel injection setup for it too, dads got it and is one of the only reasons he hasnt run it yet. wants to learn how to set the FI lol!

Exciter

I got the carbs hooked up and the old girl ran pretty well, we didnt get it on the lake yet but hope to with some leaner jetting. It was getting too much gas, but talk about throttle response.

Jeff H said:
I saw a 78 SRX run 83 or 84 mph last weekend on ice in 1000' at the Forest Lake CMSA event on Saturday. Quite impressive I thought.

vmax3, try some 76 EX heads on your 78. My 76 was always a little faster then my 79 and that was about the only difference between the 2 of them.(except for the carb)

Back