89 Exciter

The_BeaverBanker

Hey , New to this forum... Anyway, On My 89 Yamaha exciter 570,it has carbs on it from a 87 exciter 570. It does not want to start. there no gas getting to the cyclinders. ive changed the fuel pump and checked all the fuel lines and filters there all good, so it has to be in the Carbs .. i think... ive had them cleaned just 2 days ago and made no difference, .. i'm out of ideas on what to do.. oo also the engine commpession is good too. the last and maybe, maybe not importent thing is that this all started after i hit a tree at about 20km.. it was idleing after i hit it. so i turned it off and walked home and got a saw to get it unstuck. but it realy didn't break nething, other then a big scath and a little dent in the bumper. so would that have caused all this? Any help would be nice

Take the vacum line off of the pump and pull the sled over to be sure you have vacum. Are you sure you have spark, but no gas. Can you get gas to the pump. I have a 440 with the same problem. Was told to put a primer bulb in the fuel line ahead of the pump. Like one on a boat tank l;ine. Maxdlx

ok i pulled the hose off the pump and put my finger on the end and turned over the engine and felt nother. the spark plugs were in to to keep commpession. so is that my promble there where i felt nothing from the hose coming from the crankcase? and if it is now what do i do?

i actuly figured out its not in the carbs. (also its a mikunie carb and has a seprate pump) its ether in the vacume line or pump or line coming down from the tank. because when i pull the fuel lines off the carbs and turn over the engine with the pull cord, no fuel squirts out of the lines. now on this modle the oil injection inject the oil in to the fuelline before the fuel pump so could this have any efect on the pump?

Back