How To Replace Crank Seals On GPX 433?

robosnow

Anyone know how to remove the clutch so I can get the block split apart? I have no book at this time. The clutch is off however the back plate and spline shaft are still attached and can't figure out how to remove. Any Ideas out there?

Thanks

I'll be doing the same thing in a couple of weeks. I have a line on a 75 service manual, if I can get my hands on it I'll scan the page(s) that you need and I could post them of email them.

ss433

I have a service manual, nothing in it as far as primary clutch. I have an assembly manual, I'll check, but so far no good. Maxdlx

Ok i found it in the book. It says there is a special nut wrench to get the nut off for the rear stationary sheave. You then need the special puller to pull the rear sheave off. It has pics, but I don't have a scanner at home. The puller has 3 long bolts that go through a flat plate, that screw into the sheave, there is a big center bolt that then puts preasure on the splined shaft to pull the clutch. Ask any ?'s and I'll try and answer them. Maxdlx

you need a clutch puller tool.
it's also best to pull the clutch off when the top end is on the motor so you can put a soft piece of rope into the combustion chamber to stop the crank from turning while your tightening the puller tool.

Back