how many km on your yamaha?

Fast_Eddy

Website
www.xtremesled.tk
Im just wondering how many km you get on your sled and what kinda **** you have gone through to get it that far?

I ride a 2000 sxr700 and hit 7,100km the other week.Had to replace a bogy wheel belts and plugs 8) 8) GO YAMAHA 8) 8)

max

7000 km.Only greasing and changing plugs.Im impressed of my mm 700-01

My 500 twin is harder on clutch parts. I have 4600miles and just rebuilt my primary, but I found I've got some grooves in my weights from the bushings binding up on top end. You guys should do some preventitive maintanence before you have problems up there. $40 in bushings and a little time is well worth it. I also had to do all the bushings in the skid, and that's with frequent greasings.

Yamaha's do live a long time, bumper to bumper.

Ks

All three of us have over 10,000 Ks! We have rebuilt both clutches once, plugs, and lots of hifaxes only except for update crank for 98 SRX.

98 MSRX 13,000 +
00 MM 700 10,000 +
01 SX700R 11,000 +

Who's gonna win before rebuild ?

Just shy of 50,000 km on 3 - 700 and 2 -600 triples in total since 1997.

1 speedo gear, 2 belts, 6 plugs, 4 idler bearings and 1 water pump seal.
Thats it for all the sleds combined. [other than gas ,oil and grease]

Total cost about $250. Down time in 6 years while snow on the ground ,[none]

A bud of mine owns my old 1998 700 XTC and he is putting new bushings and buttons in his clutches at about 14,900 km.

Glad you asked this question. Helps remind me why I drive Riceburners and makes me feel good about my purchases. :D :D :D

Dave

A friend of mine sold his 97 MM700 with 18,000 kms to his friend. The other guy put 15,000kms (33,000kms). Never touched the motor.

Another friend of mine put over 25,000kms on his 98 SRX 700. He drove it hardcore without fail. The crank (welded) finally snapped in two and he sold it and bought an RX1. It will be interesting to see how long the RX1's will go for.

I got 11,000 kms on mine (00SRX700). The engine completely blew up at 7000kms (reasons unknown according to dealer). All new jugs, pistons, and crank (thank GOD for extended warranty). My 98 MSRX700 hasn't had anything go wrong on it yet (except for crank weld update). It has 10,000kms (wife drives it). Other than crashing into the rhubarb a couple of times, they haven't cost me much of anything. I hope they will last as long as my 90 Indy 500SKS Polaris...almost 18,000 hard miles (not kms). I did redo the crank bearings at 14,000 just for preventative maintenance). Now it's retired several years ago with a blown up motor.

My 01 MM 700 has 10,000 km on it. I use it as a general purpose sled - trail riding, mountain riding, tripping around, hauling lumber, felt, oil, etc to our cabin. I lost the original yoko track at 69 km, replaced it with a camo 2" agressor and ran that for 6000 km without damage, then went to a 144" with 10 tooth drivers for 2000 km (track was off a summit and had three lugs damaged when installed), and now I am running a yamaha 1.1".

At 9000 km one hand warmer failed. I am on my second belt, and a fresh set of plugs each fall.

Hyfax were changed each fall when I was running the 2" tracks. I have not change them since I went to the lower profile treacks.

In adition, I changed drive shaft bearings when I installed the yami 1.1" track (bearings had not failed but the shaft was out) and replaced the suspension bushings at the same time.

It is only now that the I am concidering rebuilding the clutches.

My 2000 SX700R has 7000km and runs great.
I have seen SX with 13000km running good with little maintenence.
Love yamaha for the reliability.

Well I have a 1997 XT with 7,200 miles on the clock. Purchased new in 1998. Caught a ring at about 4,500 miles but it was covered under the 3 year warranty. Just put a new track on her at 6,900 miles.
Speedo cable did break, but that is it.
Just got to love Yamaha.

4000 ish miles--

It obviousley depends on riding style, and trails (moguls vs flat vs mtn), but some of those numbers are impresive. I cant believe more tracks & hyfax werent mentioned.

Regardless, the clutches should be rebuilt and new springs at least every other year IMO.
my short list:
Pistons & rings (strictly insurance & power)
Drive cogs
Clutch rebuilt
Shocks rebuilt twice
misc skid bearings
front end bushings
middle shock bushings
transfer rod
2 w arms
and a few other odds & ends

Imagine if I owned a cat---

I've got 2990 miles on my 02 sx/600r.
Replaced hyfax at 990 miles
No other problems.
I'm hoping to catch up to daytripper!

02 viper 5600 miles, looking for a new yami this year hope they can deliver the goods, or may have to switch colors, that would suck. But I will not ride a heavy sled again like my srx, don't get me wrong great sled but just wears on ya on a long ride day. Viper is much better but don't want anything heavier than it. Pleeeeeease give us a sled under a true 520lbs with 120+hp and a new susp. :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Back