Boss seat on Vmax

01Vmax89

Hey guys got an 01 Vmax 500 and looking for a new seat since I've had the stocker done twice already and the guy screwed it up twice for $200 :o| , blamming it on the fabric the first time not saying it had a cold enough crack fractor yet the -40 still ripped the second time. But anyways to the point. The part #'s for a srx tunnel and gas tank are the same for the vmax, which are the only two things that should affect a seat right? Looking at either a flatop or a flatop highrise. Gonna be used for agressive trail/sno cross. Anyone got pics of these bad boys mounted up on there sleds? Just wondering if I wanna go up the 1"1/2 (Flatop) or the 3 inches (Flatop Highrise.) Heard a few people say they love not having the back. ANy photos input is appreciated. ;)!

I've got a highrise for my ZR 440 and I can tell you it's quite a lift. In my case perfect, just how I want it. Easier transitions from sitting to standing. Puts your body right up in the airstream though but I don't mind as it will help keep me cooler when really jammin' on those warmer days. The cold... I can dress for that.

I would think with the great reception the Yamaha Apex ergo package is getting that Boss would be selling a ton of these seats to Yamaha 2 stroke riders too.

Jeff,
Glad you mentioned that whole standing sitting think dinn even think about that, about the whole air stream thing don't really mind either, since got a low pro from sportech and chopped two inches off it. Pretty much am already. Thinking between the seat and once I get the Pro X skid under there I'm gonna be up there. Doesn't bother me tho. Prolly end up with the red wrap around and the boss x logo in white/black. Think the non skid fabric will be alot nicer than that nygahyde (powder/fresh snow slick as hell), the weight difference, highth, and look will be alot better. Jon

Why is it that I don't see tail lights on the boss seats I know they make the led one for 25 bucks, is it just so tiny and when it's not on you can't see it? Or maybe since there started for mountian, and you wouldn't need one for that?

Last edited:
You have to order it installed if you want one. It's just a LED strip light. Small but bright I guess.

I have some advice for you if you intend to order a Boss. Order it now, and you might have it by winter. I ordered mine in early/mid October and didn't get it until 2nd week of January. Taking 3 months to deliver that kinda pissed me off. It's a nice seat though. Also, find a reputable dealer such as one of the sponsors from this site that deals with Yamaha seats from Boss. It will make it a lot easier. DO NOT try to deal with them personally. Some of the dealers will offer better pricing then you will get from Boss direct. When my time comes to get another, one of the sponsors of this site will get my order for the Boss.

Last edited:
Ya emailed boss the other day to get the low down. About two weeks out at the moment which isn't bad at all. Think I'll prolly wait till around may/june ish that'll still gimme a couple months just incase. Ya knew you had to order the tail light installed, just wasn't sure if the led was all they do. Not gonna complain tho looks much sleaker and gotta be brighter.

Ya I dunno if you saw it on there store cataloge or what, but the only thing I can find is where it says add on's when your ordering a seat. Not like it makes a difference I'm gonna get it installed already

Back