track lug height for Vmax SX

Jeff H

Need suggestions for track for 97 Vmax SX. How much lug can I put under this thing. I'm thinking I could be happy with 1" and I do want to stud it with 144 studs.

Rumor is the stock Yokohama's are worth replacing right off the bat. What model track should I be looking at. Camoplast was the recommended brand for being lighter but model was not mentioned. I'm thinking I want a fully clipped model. Just wondering what you guys find works best.

Hey Jeff,
Heard alot of good about a six pitch/predator from camoplast (9830H) not sure if that is everythird or every window for that number off my head. Was thinking about one for my vmax, but deciding to get a rip saw since like playing in the powder, breaking trails and seting the sled up snocross. Just do a search on 9830H or 9830 and you'll get alot of thread with opinions. Jon

Can't wait to get rid of my stocker, lugs are sittin about 3/4in high, thinking the extra 1/2in of lug and profile is gonna make a huge difference with those powder pros.

I have a 1.25" track on my 97 sx and I love it I guess that the 1.25" might cost me a little toop end speed but I think it is very little I think the new model number is 04-948-125HC - 1.25" X-Force Snocross Track Kimpex

I ran a 9830 for 3yrs, thought it worked well, i changed to a 9818 this year, and with the addition of 7in c+a pro skis. Totally different animal, huge fun, i can stand it on its end and tail walk at will in powder. :WayCool:

the ripsaw isn't very good in the powder at all. Any other 1.25 inch track will outperform it in the powder. Just ask srxsrule if you dont believe me.

Ripsaw might be good for me though...I don't see much powder and frankly I much prefer packed trails over powder anyway. I don't mind playing in a few inches of fluff now and then but I'd rather moto on the trails then play in the soft stuff all day.

Ripsaw or 9830H?? You can get a Ripsaw with predrilled holes right?

yes you can get pre drilled ripsaws, but to stud a ripsaw you really pretty much need 8 tooth front drivers. Now some say you can get away with 9 tooth drivers if your studs are short, your track is tight, etc, but most go with the 8 tooth so they dont run the risk of putting one through the heat exchanger, which is NOT fun. 9830 is a VERY good track, i had one and loved it. Very good all around track.

Thanks for the direct opinion. Thats what I count on and needed. I'll plan on the 9830H then and stick 144 studs in it.

I picked up a ice claw track i think its a 9928h and i'm going to put it on my 98 sx they say i will love it. I was told by my dealer that you can run a 1.25 track without changing any thing and if you want to go to a deeper lug you must change drivers

whatever you decide make sure its all clipped and not every third window. Or you will not be happy!

i have a 1.5 inch in my SRX without studs, have 9 tooth drivers still, just had to remove tunnel and heat exchanger protectors.

Back