wanting to upgrade to 151" x 16" this summer

alaskanbowtie said:
my main reason for doing the upgrade is for me this next fall and her in the future but like you guys say she is small and relatively new to the sleding . So I do think i will do the 151" for me and she can get used to it i'm sure i've seen several chicks riding that size with out difficulty

I suggest you re-think this through. If she's fighting the sled the whole time, she aint gonna be happy and won't want to go again. If you're going to get another sled anyway, why not get her something SHE wants and you can upgrade to 151 for you OR leave the MM the way it is now for her and get yourself something newer (MtnViper? or used RXMtn). She'll probably be following in your tracks until she gets more experience anyway, then she'll be able to make her own decision on whether she needs/wants a longer track.

I personally think 144 is ideal for 95% of Alaska riding anyway, but I'm an old f@#t and not into hillclimbing/highmarking but I love to boondock. I'm not 275# so a 151-159 would probably work better for you but definately not for her.

Where we ride you need lots of float and then some

I agree with what you guys have said , I would like to do the replacement with a 144" x16" track . We ride the Skagway Pass and Haines to Whitehorse pass as well as all the mountains here around Haines and for the most part don't do alot of boondocking , nor "throwing" the sled around (well some of us do) , but ALOT of climbing and adding the 151" isn't going to make much of a difference when the sled is "obviously" way to big/heavy for her anyway . Like you say I am going to buy the Apex Mnt. unless the 07' models look considerably better for weight or something else which I can't see being a big decider for me , UNLESS they do the turbo , then I'll wait ! I do plan on buying her a new Attack and doing a 144" extension on it for her unless she can keep up where we go on the 136" , doubt it because it's not a lite sled either.......none of them are . She has ridden the MM already with some of here friends and had a blast but got stuck several times because it's heavy and the snow is soft here ! SO this is the reason for wanting more float for her . But adding a longer track isn't going to really make a difference when the fact is the sled is obviously to big anyway . But if it gets her by for a few years then it's worth it . You try and tell her the longer track will make it hard to ride ( verses the way it is now ), good luck , I'm not going to . She knows how it rides now and really doesn't like the weight but wants to use it for a couple years . So if I can do the 144x16 I believe this would help her the best , over all . For now and we'll see what the future holds , I would really like Yamaha to come out with a Vector thats about 75 lbs lighter for a ladies sled ( HELL for all of us ) this would be perfect . Time will tell I suppose .

Pretty hard to beat the price you got on the 151 and extensions. Another hundred and a half for a tunnel extension and you have what you want.

Jest "Dew" It. ;)!

Chance

hey man shoot me a price on the stuff you PM'd me about....... I might have some extra dough for the clutch here REAL soon !

Back