oil pump

Well since it's normally pumping oil into the gas and if you reverse the direction wouldn't it pump gas into the oil tank? just my 2 cents

PS retard me switch the lines and it should work beautifully

Well lets think about it this one. The oil pump is cable driven from the throttle which has nothing to do with the motor. The motor only raises in RPM's when more throttle is given, so I would think that it would'nt matter which way the motor is turning the fuel delivery is still the same.

the oil pump is run directly off the engine so if the engine is running in reverse so is the oil pump.

why is this a concern to you? I'm asking because I was asking the same thing some time ago when I was building a home made electronic reverse....

I never did get it quite finished but was too concerned about oil delivery when engine was going backwards...

tj..

TJ500 said:
why is this a concern to you? I'm asking because I was asking the same thing some time ago when I was building a home made electronic reverse....

I never did get it quite finished but was too concerned about oil delivery when engine was going backwards...

tj..
Ya that was my idea just make my life easyer for getting the Sled off the trailer. i have i like 8 or 9 months to figure it out! so i'm in no rush.

As long as the engine was running in reverse for 15 -20 sec it would easily survive without oil, and I doubt it would really cause any adverse effect, especially at low rpm. Has anyone done this electronic reverse successfully? I mean besides factory equipped sleds...

Back