Boomer's 780 VX7R Viper

Boomer

Lifetime Member
Here's some pictures of the Viper that I've built up over the last year. This thing started out as my new '02 Viper and has been transformed into what I call the VX7R. Some of you guys saw the pictures that I posted last fall before some of the motor (780BB) and suspension changes were done.

Last edited:

Last ones... The bottom two pictures show the remote reservior that both rear shocks are connected to. The reservior has a clicker low and high speed compression damping adjuster. The shocks now have a threaded preload adjustment instead of the stock cam adjuster. The third picture shows the Ohlins front shocks that now have a two stage spring set up with titanium main springs.

Last edited:
SRXMAGIC said:
Very Nice!! ;)!

Thanks, it's got some of your "magic" in the clutches.

Your set up worked out great in my SRX and I'm sure your new set up will do the same in the VX7R.

;)!

Last edited:
man, i can never get over how sweet your sled looks!!! its just so fricken awesome!!! i mean, some people have sweet lookin kick-a$$ sleds, but yours looks factory kick a$$ until you open the hood!!! i'm building a custom srx with blue and orange (orange just happens to have always been my fav. color) and i hope that it will look half as good as your sled!!!

that is def. the sweetest viper i've ever seen. just awesome :rockon: great work. possibly the nicest tricked out sled i've ever seen

That is a very nice looking sled. One question, where do you ride it since we don't get good snow in Minnesota anymore??

Impressive. The workmanship is beautiful. If I tried to build that thing it would look like somebody ran a viper S into a pumpkin.

Viper Treats said:
Impressive. The workmanship is beautiful. If I tried to build that thing it would look like somebody ran a viper S into a pumpkin.

LMAO! Yea that VX7R is definately the cat's a$$, its obvious you took a lot of time on it and have a lot of pride in your work, great job!!!

Boomer, Keep Me Updated On The Viper!!
We Will Make It Go As Good As It Looks!! ;)!

My first impression was what? orange and black it wil look like halloween but no way that is insane where did you come up with that idea or was it just somthing that evolved into the beast it is? :kw ;)!

YamahaXtreme said:
Boomer That sled is sick. That has to be the best Viper I've ever seen. Have you dynoed that? What are you pushing for HP? Also how much taller are those bars then stock?

No, I haven't had it on the dyno. The engine builder (Bikeman Performance) say's with this set up he figures about 170hp.

With the 5" riser and the fairly flat Arctic Firecat bars it's only about 2" taller than the stock Viper set up. I previously had a Rox 2" riser with the stock Viper bars (that have a rise built in) and it's pretty close to the same height.

jwifferdill said:
That is a very nice looking sled. One question, where do you ride it since we don't get good snow in Minnesota anymore??

I've been doing a lot of road trips to the Keweenaw region of the UP. The only riding I've done here in Minny is a demo ride on the '06 Yamahas.

SpiderViper said:
My first impression was what? orange and black it wil look like halloween but no way that is insane where did you come up with that idea or was it just somthing that evolved into the beast it is? :kw ;)!

I wanted the sled to have a factory look to it, but with a more aggressive attitude. I always thought that the '92 Tim Bender VMax4 F3 oval sleds that were black and orange looked tough. I got together with Rob at Blown Concepts and told him what I was looking for and he really designed the final package.

Boomer said:
Thanks, can you say Cha-ching! I won't take your bet, but I probably spent less building the sled than a Polaris Fusion owner will in the off season on medical bills trying to gain back the feeling in their hands and feet after a season of riding their #$%&* mobiles. ;)!

Gotta love those smooth triples! Can you imagine Polaris actually had to put an update out to reduce motor vibration! Junk!

Back