Hard Throttle Bog

Exciterfan

Hello,

I have a 2001 SXR 600 which has a slight Bog on a hard throttle condition. This condition allows my 16 year old son to beat me off the line with his 1996 Skidoo MXZ583. I can't have that!!

Any ideas? I've heard that this is typical and I might need a larger pilot jet and a smaller air jet???

Thanks

Exciterfan

do the stopper notch, take a layer out of the head gasket, bore the can, go down one size on the mains, and open the fuel screws up an 1/8-1/4 turn

Throttle Bog

Thanks for the replies. I am unfamilaiar with the "reed stopper notch" mod, where can I get info on this?

My sxr600 does have reed spacers installed, but other than that (as far as I know) it is stock. (I just bought it)

In your opinion, are the remote fuel screw adjusters from Maximum Performance a worthwhile investment?

they are a good investment, especially for someone with a lot of mods. I think you could put them on if you wanted, but once you get them set correctly you will probably never touch them again. All you need to do is open them up a little bit from where they are at now

Back