Beder pipes on 700 SX

watersuper

VIP Member
Thinking of tripple piping my sled. Anyone have info or comments on Bender's. I have electric start and I am told they fit waith no problems :!:

Benders are good pipes, mountain riders especially seem to really like them. They seem to be quite dependable, but any set of pipes can be dependable or junk depending on the set up obviously. Not the quietest of triples, but not the loudest either. I'm not positive but i think aaen's will fit with electric start as well if you were looking for other options.

Wow..have not had a Bender piped 700 Question on here for eons. Do a search & you will find a kazillion posts or PM me for specific info. I owned 4 Bender piped 700,s & worked on a lot more.

I have Bender triples on my 700. They have performed and held up well for many miles. The fit is good and the tone is throaty but not enough to piss off the neighbors.

On the other hand..I know where there is a nice set of Aaen pipes at a good price.

:flag:

what is the price on the aaens, what kind of condition? My buddy is looking for a set.

If Aaens fit elec. start models, i could be interested. Are they louder than Bender's? Same type of rpm, torque & hp?

watersuper said:
If Aaens fit elec. start models, i could be interested. Are they louder than Bender's? Same type of rpm, torque & hp?

Aaen's are definately not louder then benders. They are a lot lighter than benders (thinner steel). The rpms are higher on the aaen's, around 9000, wheras the benders are down around 8700. I think the benders LISTED specs have them 2-3 ponies ahead of aaens, but on a dyno that is probably not the case. I liked the sets of aaens that i had, but the benders work well too.

well i had a set of benders on my 97 sx. Really is worth the money for the amount of grunt you get. I had mine for 6400 miles before I sold them with no problems. You would be beating stock 800's easy. I thought that they were fairly loud, you really get noticed with them.

Back