More suspension install help-95 V-max

uperjim

Thanks for the help on the past thread.
Still looking for a couple answers. Evidently the old pro-actions are a bit different from the newer. Mine has a plate with 3 bolts (on each side) that holds the rear of the suspension in. The upper axel bolts to these plates prior to raising the suspension in place. How do you align the right side plate to the left side plate---since you can't access the axel bolt once the suspension is in place. Seems like you need some kind of jig or fixture to do it right unless anyone knows how to tighten those axel bolts once the plates are in place.
I think I have decided that I will take the bolts out of the rear limiter straps to help in the alignment process. I already removed the rear axel and that looks like a bit of a bear to get that back together with the suspension bolted in place.
Just plain looks like a lousy patchwork design that is not very servicable---not what I expect from Yamaha.

Thinking back on those 3 bolt rear mounts, I used to install the front bolts loose and then raise or lower sled untill you could easily rotate the plate to line up the remaining bolts. Yes you can't get at the shaft bolt on the plate when installed, just like the torque arm on the M10s, they are difficult to align both sides the same.

Back