Issue on my Track..

auji700triple

Hey guys i got a Mnt viper and i was thnkin Of cutitn the 2" padddle to a 1" 1/2 or 1.25 than Maybe Studdin it.. Is this risky with the Studs? i heard Bad things but i heard a few good things though.. like i can go anwhere wwith a 144 evan with a 1 .25 or 1 1/2 with Studs.. Wat would you do if you could do this?i just spend over 3,000 with parts on it and they came in when the Snow left.. what a piss off Eh!!!! :beer: :yam:

P.S anyoe got a Avenger for sale? (Heat Gadges that goes on ur pipes)
Ill have soime Pics of my skidoo soon...

'Drive it like you stole it'

I,m a little unsure of what you are trying to accomplish. Are you looking for more traction and if so, in what conditions? The 2" by 141 paddle works fairly well on a mm in conditions from sugar to spring hard pack. I don't think you will improve mountain riding abilities by shortening the paddles. I think you will see less performance in early season sugar conditions. You might see some marginal improvement in late spring conditions if you shorten the paddle and add studs but you are going to need a really long stud. Are studs risky? In a word, yes. You run the risk of damage to the tunnel and what will be left of your track. IMHO you would be better off to keep your 2 by 141 for sugar and change the track to a camo finger or something similar for better traction in the spring or for improved trail hook up. Hope this helps.
ModMMax

Well, i got a 144, not 141. and i want it For Off Trail and On the Drag strip... yes i would Love to have as Much traction on the Strip with a 2"paddle but it slows me down in the long run.. and i need all the Top and bottem end i can get.. liek i'd have to Sacrafice one for the other but i jsut hope i can get it in the Middle.. yah ill Find difference in the mountain with a 1.50 or a 1.25 but not by alot.. evan with a cut down track i should be able to go the same places i was goin earlier.. wat you do? i want Traction nbut on the Strip , and Big lugs Slow you down i just dont want to make a mistake before i have to buy another 800$ track.. so im just gettin some info before i do somthign stupid.. Thanks for the reply... well thats wat i want it for and i hope im clearing you up on what i want done with it.. Try and Reply asap -aj- :yam: :beer:

'Drive it like you stole it'

yea you should definately have two tracks for that thing then, one for the mountains and one for the strip.

Shit, Didn't want to Fork Over another 800$ after spending that much on the machine.. Shit man!! can you loan me some money? hahahah just jokin Wat kinda Track would ya look into? Finger or 1.25 full block

I have just retired a 2.25 Camo finger track. The traction in hardpack conditions is just about as good as it gets without studs. Mine is a 151" but in a shorter version such as 144" and with a shorter cleat length it might work really well. You can't use the 2.25" length unless your chain case is rolled. I'm not sure what cleat lengths are available but the 2.25" one I abused for 5 seasons is only missing the tips of 3 cleats. Very tough. If you are going to buy another track, maybe you could cut yours down for the go fast stuff and stretch your skid and use a longer 2" by 15" for steep and deep. You can likely go up to 151" without having to lengthen the tunnel if you install a bracket to make the flap stick out a bit. I would not recommend a finger track for powder. Mine worked OK but a paddle works much better.

Yah, i think imite have to get 2 tracks.. or Cut it down to a 1.5".. thats a good size no matter what.,.. ill Gain alot of Top end by cuttin .5" off.. well some top end .. now i just need to get outa the hole better... what would tyou do to get ur Vipre Doin 100Mph in the 1/4 mile?... What gearing shoul di run in it? and its a piped,clutched, v-forced3, viper hahah ...lol yah i want to hit 100 mph Or + in the 1/4..if u can help me out please Send a Reply Asap! thanks a million

auji700triple said:
Yah, i think imite have to get 2 tracks.. or Cut it down to a 1.5".. thats a good size no matter what.,.. ill Gain alot of Top end by cuttin .5" off.. well some top end .. now i just need to get outa the hole better... what would tyou do to get ur Vipre Doin 100Mph in the 1/4 mile?... What gearing shoul di run in it? and its a piped,clutched, v-forced3, viper hahah ...lol yah i want to hit 100 mph Or + in the 1/4..if u can help me out please Send a Reply Asap! thanks a million

I thought that you already cut your track down. anyway youre not gonna need studs for our races just cut the track down to 1.5" and it will be good enough. you will see a big difference in the powder if you cut it down to 1.25". anyway your gonna need alot of help this year. :Moon: i think a stock viper would do 100 mph in 1/4.

Back