Rossi wins again in MotoGP!

Ike

So, it`s 6 out of 7 for Rossi this season. And his team mate Colin Edwards was third too in Essen, Netherlands today. Just watched it from TV. Good going for Gauloises Yamaha!! Honda`s took almost all the other positions in the top 10. One Kawasaki was there too. Ducati`s nowhere to be seen.

Next MotoGP will be at Laguna Seca on 10th next month.

Ike

GODDAMNIT I was JUST sitting down to watch that race!!

allwell, was pretty much expected anyways, he's pretty much got this championship wrapped I think.

Who you taking for the honda cup? (second place in the championship)

edit: just finished it.... there was more than honda's in the top 10 man

__________________ SPOILER INFO____________________________________

____________________DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW________

1. Rossi (Yamaha)
2. Melandri (Honda)
3. Edwards (Yamaha)
4. Hayden (Honda)
5. Gibernau (Honda)
6. Biaggi (Honda)
7. Barros (Honda)
8. Nakano (Kawasaki)
9. Checa (Ducati)
10. Capirossi (Ducati)

Last edited:
Ducati`s Checa and Capirossi got 9th and 10th. Well, good for them. Last time I checked those positions, there were Honda`s all around.

Oh well.

Ike

ya, the ducati's are actually really fast given the rubber they're on, I'd like to see what they could do if the switched to michelin, more importantly tho, I'd like to see what The kawasaki's and Suzuki's could to on michelins.

Rossi is just unbelievable. He have won 6 out of 7 and finished second the other race! I agree with Junior. I think Melandri, Sete and the rest have to focus on the second place. No way Rossi gonna loose this!
Also a great job by Colin. He deserved that third place. It was great to see how fun they had on the podium.
Next race i hope Yamaha will have their drivers top 2.

Yep I've been a Rossi fan since he was on Honda. Glad to see him switch to Yami. Simply unbelievable to watch him cut record lap times on the final few laps like a couple weeks ago. You'd swear he's toying with them when he drops to 3rd and then back to 1st! Heck of a sportsman... unlike some others. I wish Hayden would take a podium though...I kinda like him too!

lol, read an interview with Vale about this race, fricken guy woke up for warm up, ran his warm up in the rain, was grouchy about it, GOES BACK TO BED, wakes up just ontime for the race, goes out and wins, LOL.

I know I'm probably speaking blasphemy saying this on a site mostly filled with americans, but I'm not a real hayden fan, seems like nomatter how he does HRC loves him as the chosen one and gives him everything he needs, while marco is left out in the cold. now marco hasn't been below 4th place all year, nick still hasn't shown any kind of result (and he's getting beat by bridgestones on a regular basis, there's a zuk nipping at his heels) but still he's the golden child.

allwell, considering they are fielding half the grid, this was there championship to lose, but they're pulling it off!

Well what's everbodys take on the Laguna race? Hayden ran a pretty good race indeed but you'd swear Rossi let Edwards and Hayden win? JMO Interesting race for sure!

I dunno man.... I'm not a hayden fan at all, I am almost of the mindset that he's just lucky, but you don't just fall into a motoGP race win by being lucky, the AMA championship he netter was a year when he was on a 1000, and mat wanted a challenge, so stayed on the 750.

I'll admit that I'm a huge hopkins fan, all the way thru the practice sessions, hopkins would lead most of the way thru, then nick would come screaming thru and beat him by a couple hundredths on the last lap.

I don't think Vale was pulling any punches, it's not like him and Colin would be PO'D if he hadda felt Rossi was holding back.

attendance was so bloody low for the GP event, makes me sick. 150 000 for the weekend, only 57 000 for the "main event" what a crock of crap

that attendance makes it by far the lowest attended GP so far this year. apparently there's more motorcycle fans in china than there are in the USA.

allwell, I"m happy to see GP's back in the states, even if you guys are makin yourselves look bad!

what was with the singing the national anthem during the minute of silence for the victims of the london bombing?

I dunno, I obviosly have mixed feelings, what do you guys think?

The Doctor wins again! I qoute the swedish commentators: Humiliation.
He decided to go past Barros and then speed up, and made himself a gap of 8 sec in just around 2 laps! Rossi showed today that he is the best rider, in all weather conditions. Too bad Colin didn't made the podium today, but i'm convinced Yamaha will have both riders in the first places at least one more time this year. Colin is just 1 point behind Marco in the standings.
Ms. Gibernau must have been greatly dissapointed, again. The guy that before this season was supposed to be the big threat to Rossi, is now in 5th place.

Rossi can really hold his own!

This seems like the WRC this year : Citroen`s Sebastian Loeb allover. Hopefully in Finland the story will be different... Peugeot`s Gronholm should be strong on homeground. ( www.wrc.com )

Ike

My little guy celebrated his 1st B-day on Sun so I didn't get to see the race but the repeat will be on tomorrow and I will be watching!

just saw it tonight, that was wild, those conditions where hands down the worst I have EVER seen a race take place in.

Rossi has a real way of playing with people, read an interview with Kenny, he said something along the lines of "on lap 24 when Vale went hammer down I thought to myself 'here he goes, gotta stay with him and take him on the last lap for the win' then after about 3 corners I said to myself 'ok, I'm racing for second now'"

I almsot feel sorry for Kenny and Alex, they fought hard all race long, but how the hell are you supposed to compete when you're leading the field with 1'48's then your competition busts out 3 1'45's in a row.

I think honourable mention to Hopkins for leading the race, crashing out, but picking the bike up and finishing in the points.

did anyone catch what happened to shakey? guy just disappeared off the time sheets, no footage of a crash or anything, didn't finish the race tho. mechanical problem?

I felt bad for Gibernau! He's got to be :o|, to say the least! Glad to see another podium for Hayden and just laughed when Rossi took first! Too bad for Hopkins also. 2 3 4 & 5th place points are close! Melandri better get off his butt this next race!

hopper just got out of surgery for his foot, he was pretty messed up in that race, that was a 2-stroke highside!! haven't seen one like that since Mccoy was around.

ya Gibbers screwed up, but that's racing. I feel bad for him, but not necessarily just for this race, reality of the matter is that if Rossi wasn't around, He would have a title or 2 under his belt, and deservedly so, but how the hell are you supposed to compete with that? with the exception of Rossi and his runaway lead this is the closest championship there has ever been.

I say throw rossi on the blata to even things up.

Back