2000 sxr 600 track lug size?

the meat

Does anyone know if I can go up to a 1.25 track and keep the tunnel protectors I have now? Looks like my stock track is gona need replacing.

The tunnel protectors will have to come out. The 1.25 track won,t clear it. A 1" track has a slight clearence issue.

it will fit but it will rub a little bit unless you either take out the protectors, notch the lugs, or just let it wear in

it will rub for sure.
You either remove the protectors or notch the lugs as stated already.
I put a larger lug track on my SXR last season on removed the tunnel protectors.

just notch the lugs in the path of the protectors. i put a 1.25" ripsaw on my viper and had to cut about 1/8th" off. but only in the path of the protectors it worked perfect.

yes I would like to stud it. Don't I need the protectors? Is there a way to get 1.25 with studs on this sled? Thanx for all the replies PETE

if you are going to stud it then you need the protectors or it will shred the tunnel. if the tunnel is like my viper it will fit fine. my lugs slightly rub the tunnel protectors (would never know except a couple black marks on the protectors), but it fits fine with no changes other than 8 tooth drivers for front exchanger clearance. with all these varied opinions though, it looks like a 9830 with 96 or 144 down the middle is a much safer bet.

Last edited:

Back