Neighbor is Talking Trash....I hope?

yamaholic22 said:
never say wont, that isn't even near the truth. 95% of the race is pure set up and shows who knows their socket set from their a$$. ;):D

thank you yamaholic.

I"m sick of all these people "my Z120 beat down my buddy's thundercat"

know what? ya it's possible you did, but don't count on repeating it! and even if by some miracle you can, not everyone is as godly with the tuning as you are or has a friend who's as terrible at it.

I am not saying it will never happen,i agree with junior that everyone has his day, but if you are consistantly getting beat by even a clutched 670 none ho on medium to long runs your clutching is way off. Stock for stock a viper will walk away from a 670 all day long. MXZ700's and a none piped clutched viper are really close. Stock for stock the mxz will walk by the viper on the top on long runs. most of everyone in my area has skidoos so we have done this many times, just stating what i;ve seen.

Last edited:
it really comes down to who has the $$$$$ to spend in getting just the right set up. All machines can be tweeked to go faster. Clutch it, change the track, put lighter front end parts, lighter skid, skies and so on and so on.
Where do you want to draw the line. It is a personel preference and ten different set ups will give you ten different results.

when my viper was bone stock i repeatedly raced a summit 670 h.o. and he would jump a length on me at the start and I smoked him everytime when we hit about 100-200 feet. this was even in a foot or 2 of loose snow.

Yea, my Friend has a 99 mxz 670 non H.O and I Beat that on hte Track every exept Long runs, My viper is a Mtn and pulling a 2" Paddle 144 Track is death! when racing lake runs!! hahah But the viper well Mine anywyas KILLS that 670.. bone stock. hes at the start when im omost done..lol hahah .. its funny Cuz that 670 has Trouble Racing my Buddies Renage 600 H.O.. that 600 Beats the 670, Demoilsihs it! but my viper takes them both :))

what about get a srx and smoke him? i have a 99 srx with no mods, to my knowledge and had the speedometer reading 115mph which i hear is on the lower side. should be more like 120mph regardless not positive but dont think youll see any stock mxz700s doing that anytime soon. :ORC

YAMAHIZAL700 said:
what about get a srx and smoke him? i have a 99 srx with no mods, to my knowledge and had the speedometer reading 115mph which i hear is on the lower side. should be more like 120mph regardless not positive but dont think youll see any stock mxz700s doing that anytime soon. :ORC

You need to get a GPS for a real speed. I'm betting it's under your speedo's indicated 115. I've never, never seen a snowmobile speedo read LESS than actual speed.

Back