Rivets?

benderxtc700

I'm polising my tunnel, are the rivets stainless steel or steel or what? I dont want to go through all the trouble then find out the dam things are gonna rust.

Thanks

they are very high quality stainless, and hold better than any hardware store rivets you will find.

They are very high quality but they are not stainless. They are coated steel and they will rust. I have stripped/polished 4 of them and the rivits will rust, not very bad and its easy to keep them clean but they are not stainless. ===SRXSRULE===

they are not stainless, they are steel zink multigrips, i can sell you any no for 15Cents each, the easiest thing to do is to drill all that show, buff and polish then install new rivots.

are they the same as the structural rivets on a viper tunnel? mine sure look like stainless and never any rust.

they are atleast as strong, the yamaha ones pull a little easier than the ones i have,
yamaha used steel zink plated, or steel with a anodized brown. viper ones are steel. after i buffed mine a few times the edges of the rivots where the zink wore off would rust.
thats why i say, if your going to do a new polish, the best result will come from taking all rivots off, then sand with 2000, buff, polish then install rivots.

Back