Vintage SRX Parts-for sale

snopro said:
Leon's rubber boots are way over priced.
the best deal is from Tom Todd. his plastic boots are very nice and are stronger than OEM rubber boots yet flexible. Tom's prices are much better than Leon's price also.

You get what you pay for. Plastic isnt origional and for the guys who want origional the rubber is the only way to go. The rubber ones are for the guys who want a correct restoration.

If you think they are so expensive then find out how much Yamaha was selling one boot for when they were available and then compare the cost of a set of them and post back. If my mind serves me correctly they were like 120.00+ US dollars. They are cheaper than the oe Yamaha boot price. Do the math. Not only that but you cannot get boots from Yamaha anymore and since Leon is not mass producing the boots costs are high to make them. I know because I basicly gave Leon the whole setup to make them. It was costly and took a long time to make them. Plastic is just that and not origional. Might be good for racing or the typical srx heap that is all beat to death but the rubber is there for the guys who want oe looking boots. They are virtually identical as they were molded off a set of Yamaha boots.

You obviously dont like Leon for whatever reason. He is as straight forward as they come. Maybe because your a Canadian and you cannot afford the US price you think their too much??? Your in the wrong sport if you think everything should be cheap. Get real.

sno pro , I have 3 sets of oem boots still in the factory bags. they are not for sale. will be using them myself on my race sleds.

gpxsrxracer

did i say that i didn't like Leon anywhere in my previous post? perhaps you should re read my post.
FYI i have purchased a few items from Leon in the past (a couple of bottom srx ends and a very nice seat cover). i have had nothing but good experiences in dealing with Leon, his service and knowlege is second to none.
since you seem to like to jump to conclusions and start stories that are not true on an online public message board, let me be the first to say that i personaly know Leon is a straight forward guy. i just feel for the value his boots are overpriced compared to the others repro units out there.
oh, yeah. the Canadian Dollar is in fine shape exchange wise against the US dollar.
did i say i want everything in this hobby cheap anywhere in my previous post? you get real, lol

all i am saying is: i have purchased a couple of sets of the plastic boots from Tom. they are far more durrable and lighter in weight than the original OEM set i have. it is hard to tell them apart from OEM. yes i use them on my racer, thats cause they are more durrable and lighter. (i also use Polaris clutches and titanium shafts on my race srx, does that make it an "old heap" just cause it's not correct and original)?
i have a set of original OEM yamaha boots that are not on either of my srx's. they are sitting in the garage as they are going to be saved.

don't take it personaly just cause you had something to do with the rubber repro boots. i simply prefer the more durrable plastic boots for the better price.
there are far more of the plastic boots as well as Lee Fredricksons fiberglass boots out there on the market so far than Leon's rubber boots.

Last edited:
snopro said:
gpxsrxracer

did i say that i didn't like Leon anywhere in my previous post? perhaps you should re read my post.
FYI i have purchased a few items from Leon in the past (a couple of bottom srx ends and a very nice seat cover). i have had nothing but good experiences in dealing with Leon, his service and knowlege is second to none.
since you seem to like to jump to conclusions and start stories that are not true on an online public message board, let me be the first to say that i personaly know Leon is a straight forward guy. i just feel for the value his boots are overpriced compared to the others repro units out there.
oh, yeah. the Canadian Dollar is in fine shape exchange wise against the US dollar.
did i say i want everything in this hobby cheap anywhere in my previous post? you get real, lol

all i am saying is: i have purchased a couple of sets of the plastic boots from Tom. they are far more durrable and lighter in weight than the original OEM set i have. it is hard to tell them apart from OEM. yes i use them on my racer, thats cause they are more durrable and lighter. (i also use Polaris clutches and titanium shafts on my race srx, does that make it an "old heap" just cause it's not correct and original)?
i have a set of original OEM yamaha boots that are not on either of my srx's. they are sitting in the garage as they are going to be saved.

don't take it personaly just cause you had something to do with the rubber repro boots. i simply prefer the more durrable plastic boots for the better price.
there are far more of the plastic boots as well as Lee Fredricksons fiberglass boots out there on the market so far than Leon's rubber boots.

Ok, your somewhat a hypocrit as you claim I said you have a "old heap". I never said YOU had a old heap. Furthermore, if you dont want or like Leons boots then why did you have to comment on how "overpriced" they are? Some nice guy you are, trying to tell me Leons a great guy to deal with and then basicly slamming him indirectly with a dumb comment like that. Are you going to try and tell me that was a nice comment? Whatever.

Again, what I have said all along, the rubber boots Leon has look the best and are as close to identical to origional as you can get. The plastic do not look as good when compared to oem boots. Are the plastic boots better than the fiberglass or old boots, yes, but not as good for a correct restoration or a oe style looking boot. They are for the people who want to look as perfect as possible. Why you cannot understand that is beyond me. Its very simple. They obviously arent for you and thats apparent. Cost obviously was and is an issue with you besides the fact of durability which you stated and you made that apparent when you had to let everyone know that Leons boots are "way overpriced".

Just for the record I have no issues with Tom Todd and I feel for the price his boots are decent. The rubber is best, IMO and many others, then Toms would be second best. In terms of a correct or nice resto job.

Oh yeah, you never posted back about what Yamaha charged per boot when they were still available a few years back. Are you going to say Yamaha was "way overpriced" as well???

I realize no one has asked my opinion but i just want to say i think we seem to be losing sight of what is important. The rebuilding,restoration and enjoying of these old pieces of snowmobiling history. As corny as this may sound,i believe we are lucky we have such people around like Leon,Todd,Lee and many others who help us all with tech help,tips,tricks and parts. I personally have had great dealings with people in the vintage snowmobile community. i've been to a couple shows and you won't find any nicer people. Anyway, just try and remember why we're all visiting this sight and that reguardless what level of accuracy and or budget we want to build these relics to,don't forget it's supposed to be fun. I apologize for rambling on. I hope i'm not sparking any more controversy because that's not my intention. Enough said. Thanks! " PRAY 4 SNOW!!! "

Last edited:
srx570 said:
I realize no one has asked my opinion but i just want to say i think we seem to be losing sight of what is important. The rebuilding,restoration and enjoying of these old pieces of snowmobiling history. As corny as this may sound,i believe we are lucky we have such people around like Leon,Todd,Lee and many others who help us all with tech help,tips,tricks and parts. I personally have had great dealings with people in the vintage snowmobile community. i've been to a couple shows and you won't find any nicer people. Anyway, just try and remember why we're all visiting this sight and that reguardless what level of accuracy and or budget we want to build these relics to,don't forget it's supposed to be fun. I apologize for rambling on. I hope i'm not sparking any more controversy because that's not my intention. Enough said. Thanks! " PRAY 4 SNOW!!! "

100%. You arent sparking any more controvercy, dont feel that way. That was my point, depending on what you want to do with your sled you have a few options, and depending on your price range will dictate what one will buy for their sled. Yes, its great to have different people who are producing parts.

???

Sorry I've been to busy to reply to anyone in a while - But WTF happened to this post!!?? All I am trying to do is sell some old parts someone may need. Its been really busy in the construction equipment biz right now-wow - Sometimes I can't think straight...-Matt-???? #$%&* ??? ;):D

Back