Diet?

I dropped around 80lbs off my 02 Mt Max over 2 years. Some weight is free, some cost alot. ===SRXSRULE===

Attachments

• Mod3.jpg
    Mod3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 31
Cheap and free eh? Well, depends on what you want to do with the sled if it will work for you or not. Some free weight I did was remove sway bar and links, remove 6 idler wheels and mounts, remove weight transfer rods, remove 2/3rd's of the track clips, remove stock gauges and headlight. If your a trail rider, most of these wont work for ya, or not very well. The light weight hood is pretty cheap and drops over 20lbs. The light weight front end is pricy and only drops 5-6 lbs. The rails are pricy and only drop about 3-4 lbs. A viper seat is 4 lbs lighter and can be found cheap. Lots of things can be done, just depends on what you want to spend. ===SRXSRULE===

More weight loss ideas. Cheap if you have the tools and ability. ===SRXSRULE===

Attachments

• Mod4.jpg
    Mod4.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 30
im looking to lose weight on my viper, but need most things listed for trail riding. how did you do the boards? cut them out and put mesh in? do i still see coolers there?

god dam that is one sweet srx! Mine is for trail riding and lake running. Free and cheap is what I'm after right now but the lexan hood and viper seat look to be a couple of good ideas. 20lbs savings from the hood....thats exellent...is that without the gauges and light? or with?

Viper trailable set-up.
Silencer -10lbs 250.00
Light weight brake rotor/hub -2lbs 180.00
Cr-moly trailing arms and alum radius rods. - 8lbs 680.00
Alum spindles -2.5 lbs 280.00
Cr-moly H arm (rear skid) -6 lbs 350.00
Boss seat -4 lbs 425.00

So, 32.5 lbs removed for 2,165.00 OR, 67.00 per pound. These are all things that will not sacrifice any strength and will actually make the sled stronger. You can decide whats worth it and whats not. ===SRXSRULE===

Oh yeah, no coolers in that tunnel pic. It had a tunnel mounted cooler on it.

The 22 lb loss came from no hood hinge, no stock light or gauge pod, or gauges. I used small driving lights mounted in the belly pan. Enough light to get ya home safe, but not for high speed driving. I ran an avenger set-up for tach and egt's. ===SRXSRULE===

What about removing the airbox and replaceing it with 3 seperate filters? Has anybody tried it? Did it save any weight? How much tuning involved?

yea they don't save enough weight to write home about, and jetting is real finicky

Do Not Remove The Air Box. Should you decide to attempt it anyway, hang on to the airbox so you can put it back on.

If its an XTC it has a electric start doesnt it? If so drop the battery, battery tray, starter, ring gear and cables that'll drop the weight quite a bit.

nope I didint get the elec start or reverse...wanted to keep the weight down, but good idea for others looking to shed a few pounds.
sounds like I'll keep the airbox in.
Thanks

another small weight gain if you dont mind not having a parking break, you can rip all that crap out.

Back