crazy flatlanders viper

no need to modify the rox treads. modify the hose covers instead so they sit on top of the treads. a longer snow flap might keep your buddies happy too! lol!

Last edited:

Looks good. I'm loving the windy and the bar hooks. What kind of ski's are those? Whats involved in installing the bar hooks?

Last edited:
how many inch bar riser is that? and if it is over 2" what didi you do for the all the lines? just you just buy cables for a mm?

;)! Nice ride paul , Your going to love it man , as much as i want to buy a new 4stroke , i love my viper .. It looks real nice !! Hope you get snow next week , i know its killing ya ... how many grass miles you got on it ??

Sorry guys I was in Texas this week. I didn't drop the front mount hole at all. I dropped the center 3 inches and the rear 3.25. I only had to move the holes forward 15 mm. This was because the taper of the tunnel moved the hole i had centered back. The Rox will need to be modified at the front to allow for the lowered front bolt, not the hose covers. I think the skid looks funny cause it is on the rollers. I will type more in the am. To tired now. Maxdlx

Can't sleep, so heres some more answers. My old ohlins are already in the rear of the sled. The rear flap is the long MM flap already. The bar riser is a 2 inch. I don't know why the rear braket wouldn't hold, it is as strong as a stock MM braket, just has the opps holes in it. I had talked to Mtn Perf and he said I could just drop the rear 2 mounts as long as they where as close to equal as I could get them. So thats what I did. I didn't talk to Mac but one of the tech guys who answered. I surely hope it isn't screwed up now. I know guys who go to 136 rails and they leave the front mount stock, but they only drop the rear 2 inches. Be just my luck, go to all that work to just screw it up. I haven't had it out on the grass yet, was waiting for the speedo bearing to come in. But it will be out this weekend sometime. Chime in on your thoughts about the mounting points. I'd rather get it right now, then after the snow flies. Maxdlx

Last edited:
I looks good! I am getting my two out of the garage this weekend. Clean, grease, pamper and race it in the field before I put on new hi-fax.

Want to race, cus I like the look of that snow flap! (we both know thats all im going to see #$%&*

Brent

Hopefully I can get you your hoist back. It sure makes it a whole lot easier. Now we just need snow. Maxdlx

No one have any opinions on the rear skid remount. is it going to work or not? Got to go to mankato late tomorow, so will be gone for a couple days again, but I want this thing ready to go when the snow flies. maxdlx

maxdlx said:
Can't sleep, so heres some more answers. My old ohlins are already in the rear of the sled. The rear flap is the long MM flap already. The bar riser is a 2 inch. I don't know why the rear braket wouldn't hold, it is as strong as a stock MM braket, just has the opps holes in it. I had talked to Mtn Perf and he said I could just drop the rear 2 mounts as long as they where as close to equal as I could get them. So thats what I did. I didn't talk to Mac but one of the tech guys who answered. I surely hope it isn't screwed up now. I know guys who go to 136 rails and they leave the front mount stock, but they only drop the rear 2 inches. Be just my luck, go to all that work to just screw it up. I haven't had it out on the grass yet, was waiting for the speedo bearing to come in. But it will be out this weekend sometime. Chime in on your thoughts about the mounting points. I'd rather get it right now, then after the snow flies. Maxdlx

No worries!, ...Yamaha did the very same thing to the MSRX back in 98' for the 2" paddle track option. I copied the same to my 96' XT and it handles extremely well, ...very pleased with both.

Attachments

• DSCN22761.JPG
    DSCN22761.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN20681.JPG
    DSCN20681.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 21
Not worried about the lift.

I got the Indy out and posted it in classifieds for sale. I think I am just going to sell it.

I wish I had the money you had, Id be riding a viper toooooo! Although, I did get 6000 miles on the new Road King this summer ;)!

Later.

any more pics of this sled? like one from the side, but closer and bigger? looks awesome, I want more pics! one bog enough for a desktop background, gotta get in the winter mood ;)

I'll try ang get one on monday. May haveto email it to you if it is to big. Maxdlx

Back