question about track size

yamiman

when i bought my viper it had a 141x2 track on it, now i put a 136 on and my question is that once a year i go out west, can i tighten that 141 enough to put on. i also have extroverts installed.

You would need to take up approx 2.5" of adjustment at the rear axle. To bolt on a set of extension's for that length would most likely require modifications to your rail's. May be easier just to move the skid back in the tunnel.

Just divide the extra track added by 2 and thats the amount of move you need. Just I tip, go actually 1/4 inch less. so 144-136=8/2=4 inches moved back. I'd go 3.75, but thats me. As for running the 141, maybe 8 inch rear wheels may help. Maxdlx

hmm, if you don't mind me sort of chaning the subject a bit--- I tried that formula with my SRX440, it sounded like the right thing to do so I went from a 116" track up to a 121" track... I figured It would be 5"/2 for 2.5" longer so I would make rails that would work. I cut down a set of rails from a 136" enticer LT to be 2.5" longer then the stock 116" rails, and drilled all the holes to match exact locations except the rear most wheels, and it ended up being too short, I ended up making another set 4" longer to work, I really don't understand why but that's what I had to do... can you explain that one??

Attachments

• AlmostDone (4).JPG
    AlmostDone (4).JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Back