clutch problem

madmax

i have a 98 v-max i blew my clutch last year and i want to fix it for the season, My problem is i dont wanna spend alot of money, i found this guy who has sled junk yard and he said he has a clutch for me for $100 in good shape, but its for a 600. will this fit me sled? He said i will just have to change the weights? is this true?

Sorry to hear you blew your clutch Maxy!

Depending on which 600 it's off of, you might like the weights! If it's from a 600sx, it should have 8ab's in it, taht's what I run in my 500. Could be the 8ch's, which are great only on top end, and totally boring every where else :*

Good luck man!

i have one other question, i got my new clutch, i removed my old spring which was a heel clicker very stiff (red) and some weights i found which i believe are for a stock 700 xtc i cant read the number on them. i had to use these because my other weights broke, but now my clutch is engaging at 6000 rpms, is this good, its very snappy at engagment, should i change something?

Yea it is the heel clicker primary spring that is doing that, get a spring with lower preload, and probably a lower rate as well to get the engagement down. What is she revving on top end?

i havent tried seeing what its reving at, at top end, what spring would you recommend? should i be real concerned with this? im wanting something to engage around 4600-4900. i have 2 other primary springs ones has a pink dash and the other silver-silver- white, are any of these good?

that white silver white along with a couple engagement shims should get the engagement r's up a little bit for you, down from 6 grand as well.

Back