X-Treme Trailers

BlueChicago

X-Treme Trailer, Drive on/off trailer.

The end of the gas spring broke, and I contacted the manufacturer and they no longer manufacture or build the gas spring. You can bring the trailer to X-Treme and have a retro-fit kit, not to expensive., although I did find a really good match at McMaster-Carr:

Extend. Comp. Stroke Rod Cylinder Ball Stud Nonlocking Extension
Lg. (A) Lg. (B) Lg. (C) Force, lbs. Dia. (D) Dia. (E) Thread

27.87" 17.64" 10.24" 200lbs 0.39" 0.87" 5/16"-18

Part Number 4138T61 Price=25.93

When I needed replacement gas springs for various items, I found several manufacturer websites that offered technical data. This way I was able to find the part numbers, and just check local discount auto parts stores until I found them. The parts stores know them by brand names. Some manufacturers offer the same part in more than one brand name. I started with the manufacturer of the originals and used their tech data to reference others.

Was this one of the gas struts that opens the front or the main canopy? If your trailer's still under warranty, I'd think Gary Jr. would cover that for you.

Jon

Yea, he's quite helpful. I've had a few issues, but very minor, and he's always answered my questions. He also fabricated some designs I sent him that I've added to my trailer. They've been very accomodating. By the way, his trailers come with a full five year warranty.

Jon

blue, you bought that in your deal with the vipers from mookster right? that trailer should have been new in the late fall of 01. making it 4 years old. not sure what the warrantee is. mook says one of those struts were replaced in 03-04 by gary. he said gary's awesome too. ski

Last edited:
skidooboy,

Mookster & Sharona.

No big deal, I just posted this to let everyone aware. That's what so great about this site. Always can count on good information. I also let Gary know.

Back