viper rear heat exchanger kit

quebec#1

Is it a good thing to do for my 2002 viper ? Would i have a problem with a studded track if i were to install a viper rear heat exchanger kit and is it easy to install ? Thanks ;)!

I had one put into my 03, was pretty easy looking install. I had mine put on at the dealer when it was in for the 300 mile checkup. been great ever since and never overheated. I think with protectors you SHOULD be ok to stud, but I am NOT positive!

Everyone seems to get these for thier Vipers when there really is no need. My Viper only overheated on me once and that was because I was running on ice!! Gotta keep that track a little loose and get some fresh powder off trail to lube it up during those frozen morning trails!

I just did it because I had a 97 600sx that didnt have one and it overheated about a dozen times a year. I refused to do that again!

I am convinced after much study on this topic that the lack of a rear exchanger is not the source of the problem, but is the easiest way to effectively eliminate it. Unless of course you have an impeller spinning on the shaft which happens sometimes on the Vipers and SRXs.

Back