Quimpex Track for Vintage Exciter with taller lugs

wyndlair

Is anyone familiar with a Quimpex (Kimpex?) tracks for vintage Exciters? They were manufactured in Quebec, Canada and came with a lug height slightly taller than stock (.875 range). Are there any options for taller lug tracks for Exciters (.75”-1.0” range)?

Yamaha Exciter & SRX440 Tracks

You can substitute a Early model Phazer track. Its the only way you will get a larger porfile than the .075 lug track made for those sleds. It will go right in. I have installed a stock Phazer track in a 78 SRX 440. The reference books I have show that Dennis Kirk has a 15" X 115 3/4" track with a .875", 1", and 1.25" lug tracks. They would just cost an arm & leg. You may refer to your local dealer to see if he may be able to get one cheaper though Parts Unlimited. Brad :yam:

I have a '78 exciter 440, and with the Kimpex vantage track on it, it really hooks up well! The track is a .875, I think, and I bought it new. Also, you could get another exciter track in decent shape, and reverse it. You will get more traction on takeoff, but won't be able to stop as well...
Patrick D.

Back