Springs?

VmaxSx600

Im gettin a 50/44 Helix this winter (thanks turk for the suggestion) and i was wonderin if i should run the stock springs on it or no? any suggestions?

what did turk suggest? also you might as well pull your clutches and clean them,if you havent,chances are there is alot of belt dust on them.And you should pull your primary cover and look things over.i cleaned mine last yr.and found a broken primary spring.just some sound advice:a clean clutch is a better performing clutch,and this should be done every yr.

did turk tell you what degree to wrap the secondary spring at? or leave at the factory setting.the helix and the seconday sheaves have numbers on them and when you combine the numbers for example:3&3=60 degrees. this info is also in the tech section so check it out.............

If you go to the Ty home page and clickon tech pages, then clutching setups, you will find Turk's reccomendations for many SX 600s. I am running the setup for my 600 XTC, and it runs right with my Viper up to about 60mph. This page is a good resource for many of the questions asked here by yourself and others. Turk is definitely 1 of the best clutch setup guys around, but even he will tell you the setups are a baseline. Youmay have to tweak rpm with tipweight changes or adjust you r seconday spring slightly. My 600 runs best for tight trails with the suggested weights and a 70 wrap on the secondary. Hope this helps ya'
Dave ;)!

Back