Setup

VmaxSx600

What do you guys use as a setting for your transfer rods im gonna put em on my 98 Sx 600 and i dont wanna ruin the suspesion or anything but i would like a lil ski lift off the line

the tranfer rod setting will determine when the suspension will couple.
your set up of the skid will depend on where your tranfers will be set.
Rider weight will come into play to set your skid and so on and so on.
Then what are you setting up for...trail riding, radar runs, dragging.
All these factors come into play. Start kind of in the middle and play with them. Get adjustable ones will make life very easy. You dont want them set the same when you are trail riding and horsing around. At least I dont so I adjust mine and try different things. If you are worried about the suspension never set for maximum transfer as this could cause damage.

Alright I only weigh bout 120 and im trail riding but when i come outa the corners i would like both skis to come up

if you set it up like that it WONT corner very fast. you will lose control as you come out. ask any 98 zr rider :( it is a trial and error thing based on rider preference. set it to full transfer and back off until it corners how you like. thats what I would do

dont have them on my viper, but I had them on my old sx 600. think I had them at full transfer, but not sure where the straps and center shock were at. I got a LOT more transfer with the maxx long travel kit. like it wouldnt set the skis down till I let off. that lasted about 30 minutes and then I realized I had to take corners at like 15 mph and that SUCKED lol!

Haha yea i just want a lil Ski lift and i dont know if it was you or someone else but they said having them gets you to hook up better

yes, helps a lot having the adjustable ones. more adjustability and a LOT easier than disasemble and shim

Yea i think ill be gettin em this winter i cant wait till snow! do you think the lense caps are worth it? cuz i dont wanna have that velcro stuff all over my headlights

I use mine during the week when it is quiet, and leave them off during the weekend and busy vacation weeks. and always behind someone without, seeing as they are solid and let NO might through them.

Back