The easy parts done

’81 SRX’s are notorious for burning down because of their piston/porting design. The ports are so large in volume and the piston skirts are so small that the pistons can rock in the cylinder at TDC. I had one of these sleds and ended up having to have Forest Lake Motorsports put new sleeves in the jugs that had bridges in the exhaust ports. After that we put so many miles on the sled that it damn near fell apart without burning down again that is until dad got the oil breather tube iced up and starved the engine for oil.

skid pics

not the best pics but it shows relocating the mount from behind the axle to infront of it allowing the suspention to rise almost 2"

Attachments

• skid 2.JPG
    skid 2.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 11
  • skid1.JPG
    skid1.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 7
Chuck

It is close but clears thru the full travel of the suspention .
I am in need of the left inner strut shield and the piece with the rubber boot below it happen to have any ????
Kevin

ragerider

funny I live 5 miles from there and didn't know they were having any drags LOL ! Guess I have a goal now , maybe there will be some snow so i can ride her there ! have the motor set in but havent bolted anything in yet better get bust I guess , hopefully see you there
Kevin

???????? Tom was that a challenge ? the parts pile got smaller yesterday ! would be running today , but have to go to the inlaws ( wifes b-day ) I'll be there the 18th if I have to drag her by the ski tips to get her there . you might as well come up too .
talked to the guys that are putting this together thursday , 1500 feet side by side up the ski slopes cut is at 500cc but thats all the info I have right now . they are supposed to post the info on their wedsite but there was nothing on it friday

high octane94

I'll shoot some pics and post them tomorrow , busy trying to get my paint done havn't been home in the daylight in several days ! hope to have every thing done for the races at ski sawmill on the 18th
Kevin

It's Alive

Got everything in and started her up today .
Gotta love the smell of two stroke oil ! ;)!

Attachments

• Mar11$26.JPG
    Mar11$26.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Mar11$25.JPG
    Mar11$25.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Mar11$36.JPG
    Mar11$36.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Mar11$29.JPG
    Mar11$29.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Mar11$30.JPG
    Mar11$30.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 25
Finally brought her home and took some pics of her new paint job ;)!

Attachments

• Apr27$45.JPG
    Apr27$45.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Apr27$48.JPG
    Apr27$48.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Apr27$51.JPG
    Apr27$51.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 22
  • Mar11$21.JPG
    Mar11$21.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 13
Thanks

Just wanted to thank every one for the positive feedback , sure make it easier to put those extra hours into something and have others appreciate it too .
Chuck thats our yamahauler LOL the Jeeps my daughters she drives it alot , I drive it sometimes too thats a whole other story ,
built it two years ago for her she's 9 now two 4x10 sheets of 16 gauge steel 40 feet of 1 inch squre stock , 8 pounds of mig wire , and 1 doner lawn mower with 12.5 hp briggs . you see its only 3 feet wide my version of a power wheels jeep (had 2 couldn't get from the house to the pool and back on a charge ) she like it almost as much as blastin accross the yard on one of the sleds
how did you make out with the SRX & 440 decals I'll need a set soon , I bought other side panels and have my originals one the decales are complete the other is partialy stripped but the outline in still visible if you need them let me know
Kevin

Attachments

• Apr28$53.JPG
    Apr28$53.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 18

Back