HandleBars

VmaxSx600

OK heres the deal i want tapered handle bars REALLY bad and all the bars have the 1 1/8" clamp area. so they come with a special clamp for em but i dont get how i could use the riser block i got with the clamp that comes with the bars? do i need to cut a pipe that is 7/8" for the handlebar clamps to clamp onto??? please help winter is coming and i need to know this.
P.S. could i just use a regular bar that has the removable crossbar and just take the crossbar off? but then i wont have a pad and i heard that the bars bend downward due to the 7/8 diameter on the whole bar.

Can someone please help me im in desperate need cuz i need to get bars soon but i really would like to get some taperd ones

PM Grapeape or Skidooboy as I think they have both done what you are wanting to do.

What type of riser do you have?I put 5" rox risers and tag fatbars on my viper.The riser came with 1 1/8 clamps so that worked out well.I have used fatbars on my powermad pivot risers as well but i had to use the universal clamp that change from 7/8 to 1 1/8.I can try and send you pics if you would like to see these clamps.

Yes herb please send me pics well i bought clamps already they are made by rec lift there called rec risers they both have a 7/8 clamp. if i bought the tag t2s they come with the clamp but would it work with my risers i bought?

Here are some pictures of the risers with 1 1/8 and the universal clamps that change from 7/8 to 1 1/8.

Attachments

• 114-1415_AUT.JPG
    114-1415_AUT.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 114-1416_AUT.JPG
    114-1416_AUT.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 114-1417_AUT.JPG
    114-1417_AUT.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 114-1418_AUT.JPG
    114-1418_AUT.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 5
Are those the rocks risers? ill send you a pic of my risers i bought then gimme some ideas on how i can get the universal clamps on it

109-0993_IMG.jpg

here are the pics tell me if i could use the universal clamps with these

Yes they will work.Take your riser to a dealer that has the adapters and try them out before you buy them.

Is it worth it to get tapered bars? or could i just get some regular bars with a removable crossbar and just take the crossbar off?

Back