Uh OH

VmaxSx600

OK i got a 98 vmax 600sx twin and my friend just got a 2003 Artic Cat F5 who will win? im gettin a 50/44 helix so where just racing on a 1/4 mile drag

My money is on the 600 as long as the clutching is dialed in & you are pulling 7800 rpm. Those things set up are silly quick!!!!!!

Ok my oppinions with turk haha... so turk im doin your setup... gettin a 50/44 helix and makin it run at 7800... what does making it run at 7800 do tho is it when its full throttle? and dialing the clutch in... how do you do that?

If i do get all my clutching done and i get my transfer rods on and dialed in would there be a big difference between mine and his?

the f5 is a pretty light sled,what i think is if the f5 is stock and the 600 is clutched right,im with turk. the f5 is i beleive 85hp,but if it is clutched and and piped i think the sx will have some trouble eating it up....but hey slip a 700 under the hood and keep the 600 tags,and pin the throttle and say bye bye....

Iam with the sx600,it will win the cat dealer here took a f5 to the races(660ft) the frist year it came out to show it off,my buddy had a 97 v-max 600 clutched and 192 studs and blew that f5 into the woods(about 3 lenths).So my cash is one the sx 600 :yam:

thanks blue... yea the f5 is bone stock and i dont htink its got powervalves cuz it would say on the hood wouldnt it? all it says i forced induction by the scoop... I believe it only has variable exhaust

the F5s are powervalved and make 105 horse, the "other" 500 cat is not powervalved and is about 85 horse. A dialed sx 600 twin should have no problem with the F5 (that is if you are getting traction as well)

Well im not sure by the traction tho haha i got 96 studs and im gettin my transfer rods thatll be enough for me to hook up eh?

What are the condition of the studs, and are they just carbide trail studs i'm guessing? If it were mine i would be running 144 in that 600 but maybe you will be able to get it to hook up, just have to know what to do. It will take a lot of center spring preload (crank it up quite a bit), a lot of transfer rod setting, and just enough limiter to get it too hook. You don't want tons of limiters out for racing because then you will get too much ski lift and it will actually lose traction then. Also a moderately set rear spring, and loose front springs (tied down if you are seriously racing).

Dont Worry He doesn't have a chance from what I have seen,the v-max I saw run had em out of the hole by 5-6 lenghs and this was the dealers f5 LOL :yam: SO there was probobly some work do to it also.

Blue you really took the weight off my shoulders haha thanks alot man! I really need a answer to this question tho... i want to get the tag t2 bars and they come with a custom Clamps it lookes like the clamps will fit my riser please go to my thread in this section its called Tag T2

Back