Best transfer rod

Yea i have heard they arent the best tho... i think ill be gettin the maxx ones have you heard anything bout them? do you get any ski lift when you do holeshots?

max. are the better ones.takes longer to install but easier to adjust and no failures.and cheaper you should be able to find a set used if not they are $130 shipped.you'll notice the difference forsure.

I have both on sleds right now. Maxx are cheaper, but they are more difficult to install. Both have problems once in awhile with being hard to adjust from too much ice buildup on them. Benders look a little nicer in my opinion, but are a little heavier. I think they both have about the same amount of adjustablity. They are both decent systems.

0-80? wow thats a longggggg wheelie there haha sounds very nice... hey shaun do you have to balance the sled out or no when your doin a wheelie?

not wheelie straight up but the skis about 6 inch off the ground. just lean back and hold on. my sleds fast and i love it

I have had both and my favorite so far are the ones from mountian performance !!! the bender just ice up to fast and are impossibe to adjust when the have ice on them , the mountian performance NEVER iced up once ...loveem

maxxperf,for me have had thease on my sled for 7yrs.there the old quick rods(wrench jobbers)but hey they work very well,no ice problems....i wont say it again put composite skis on your sx,transfers rods,144studs and you will have a great trail sled.the tracks that came on the 98 sx were junk IMO to small of a lug.mine fell apart after 1260 miles,went to a camo and it is still in great shape,even with the sparatic snow fall we get here in wny.

When I had my 98 SX 600 I had c&a pro advantages with ski savers and 6" shaper bars on the front. I had the Bender transfer rods, they did ice up and sometimes made it difficult to adjust or impossible. After a year the O' rings went bad, Bender did replace for free. I think I would look at the Max ones for that sled.
Also, I changed the handlebars to the Viper bars and added a riser.

viper7 could i take the crossbar off of my motocross bars im puttin on my sled to make em tapered?? would the bar bend if i did?

you would be better off with the viper bars. I ran the sx for a couple years then made the switch and wished I would have done it sooner. It makes the sled more stable and comfortable to ride.

i dont konw if you understanded... im looking at getting some tag x5 bars that comes with the removable crossbar... i dont wanna use the stock sx bars and i do want tapered bars so i was wondering if it would be ok to just take the crossbar off of the tag x5s?

Alright thanks man... do you know if there is a bore kit for a 600 twin out there? id like to make my sled a lil faster

Back