Little tricks

VmaxSx600

Is there any tricks out there to get more acceleration outa my sled? im putin in a 50/44 helix (thanks turk) i got a can and thinner headgasket and plastic skis...

the twins have a pretty ruged motor i had my 500s head shaved added about 5 hp my guess but defenitly somthing u can also drop a tooth on ur top gear gives u more snap but u lose about 2 or 3 mph off ur top speed

just check on the tech pages to see what u have for a stock top gear and then go to ur local parts unlimted dealer and just order one thats one tooth smaller then ur stock for around 20 bucks i think i payed for mine but u might have to get a new chain if u havent replaced urs in a while. if u drop more then 1 tooth like i did i droped 2 i ahd to get a new chain that was a link or 2 smaller but with only droping one tooth u should be fine with ur stock chain.

i think u have a 22 tooth top gear so id go with a 21 tooth but u can just take it out and check it to be sure befor u buy one

oh yea i couldnt get my 700 up past 100 uless i did almost the hole width of the lake and i droped 2 teeth and hit over 100 in like a half the distance maybe less

i am dropping on gear on the top and adding one to the bottom on my 00 sxr 500 so instead of being at 21/39 (stock) i am now going to be 20/40 which will give me a better reduction and hopefully more acceleration with less of a top speed...daneg

Nice idea Dane... I might do that also... but i dont think ill drop a tooth i think im just gonna get a 50/44 Helix and run it at what turk told me to run it at

Back