running board heat exchangers

leaks

I did notice a few drops coming from that area on mt SXR one day. I put in a little of bars stop leak and have never noticed it leaking again. I have changed the coolant once since then and still no leaks. I bought a spare heat exchanger on ebay for $5 just in case I have to change it.

I have seen that problem with a cracked/bent tunnel.

BTW. I personally would never use bars leak or any similar product on a snowmobile (unless it is an emergency).

u used the leake stoper too but i started leaking again. i found the best way to fix it is to take them off and have them welded and then replaced that plate for the middle bold on teh rear suspention with a picker of aluminum angle thats 2 x4 inches about 3/16 thich adn 2 inches wide and rivit it to the tunnle and running board but watch out u dont drill threw the exchanger. and u ahve to round the bottom of the angle to it fits nicely to the tunnle and use a longer bolt and a big washer. thats just what i did added a bunch of strength and never had a problem after that

I have had this problem also in the past, took mine off and welded them.

the yamaha running boards don't have enouhg support for standing and jumping. i have added a set of ROX extensions, give alot more support, plus room for boots.

Also, if any of you guys need exchangers, i have two lefts and one right in great shape. $45.00 plus shipping for each one.

Back