New Yamaha's!!!

sleds

they didnt change that much. The rx-1's are only 30lbs lighter. bringing the weight to about 550, so much for that less than 500lb sled. the vector is only putting out 120hp. and not many changes besides that. The new skid isnt all that good either and the designs dont interest me.

boy what optimism. If that's not what you see as the future then, hey each has their own opinion. doo.com I am sure will accept registrations. :lol: As far as a "normal" trail rider who is more concerned with putting in miles than HOW FAST he gets there or high he can jump, it looks like the improvements COULD BE good or enough to keep me in the family. :?: After watching guys ride standing up on REV's through the moguls. I know my knees can't handle that for to long. I guess I just want to ride and don't get carried away with the fact someone is faster or can jump higher. Sorry just an average Joe's opinion. Not that I am not interested in what the other companies are going to offer. I have a very open mind,. :wink: Ah second thought, the SXR still runs... :lol:

Im a bit disapointed.. i was at least hoping for a new look but they are all the same as the rx-1 :cry: and 120hp?? whats with that i thought they would have the 180hp just like they have in the R1...

HMMM

Well, I think we are all surprised, and while the blu bleeders will defend -- I cant believe they havent listened. This will be a great sled for Canada, but not even close to ditch banger.

I have owned Y for almost 25 years, and they are back to 95' crap--heavy,and slow.

The only credit i will give Y is Price. The cost of those 4 strokes is pretty High, but they kept them competitve...Had to search for something.

Blue Gear for Sale

I am very disappointed. Was looking forward to a mean-ass twin with torque. I didn't want to do it but I might get a rev. I'm also sick of getting my ass beat on the trails. At least they could do is change the riding position a little.

nothing new for camp blue

i have to admit it iwas not all that excited or surprised by the results of the new sleds,in my opinion i think yamaha is going way ahead in the forstroke tech area but,they have forgotten it seems that not everyone can afford a 10,000-9,000-8,000 dollar sled and im with blueje17 it like he said heavy and slow. come on yamaha you make the baddest superbike,the baddest motocross bike.and the sleds 973cc(120hp) come on
sx700 modified can pump that out and weight in under 500 dry.yamaha better concentrate on making a twin 4stroke marketed twards the little guy as well as getting something out on the snowcross circuit,less face it racing sells products. and in the yamaha camp there isnt much to choose from. i will keep my sx and ride with yamaha pride untill something other than a new engine and a slightly revamp suspension come along.

ps anyone know where there promotional show we be in ny like to see them up close and talk to the reps!

well

I would sure hope you can get 120 hp out of a sx. Good thing I found cylinders for my 700 sx, cause non of these excite me. i wonder if the new suspension will bolt right in to a proaction bolt pattern. Maxdlx

funny stuff, someone wants "twin cylinder torque" well a 4 stroke tripple has more than "twin cylinder torque" Everyone is already piss whining and they haven't even seen ANY performance specs, dynos, or test rode one. The RS rage should be pretty close to the 500# mark and should work pretty damn well for "ditch banging"

Does any one know how much the rage weighs? the skid looks alot lighter...along with shorter spindles...lighter engine

8) cant say it was what i was wanting or expecting but i will render what i think after i ride opps purchase a RS mountain vector. I do alot of ditch banging and the past two sleds have been srx 600 and now a viper... ill give the rs vector i bet it will just as good as my viper... :lol: man for being a yamaha site alot of rage here.... hey we have never been the fastest line up... or the best handling... or the cheapest ... but we have always been the best of all of these together...... there is a saying you get what you pay for and when it comes to sleds that is a fact!!!!!! i bet in 2 years we will look back at 2005 and say it was a very important year for snowmobiling in general..... go big blue....... yamadog :lol:

Okay, it's true...there is a lot of whining going on. I was counting my sleeps until February 6th. When I finally saw what was available, I too was a little disappointed. Then I sat back and thought about it. Yamaha by far leads the pack in 4-stroke snowmachine technology. NO ONE can argue that. Now I sit back and think about what a 4-stroke can do for me. Well, for high milers out there, the 4-stroke is the way to go. Good on gas, oil, and the engine will out last anything. Try selling a sled (2stroke) with 10,000 miles on it? You will get peanuts for it. Ten thousand on a 4-stroke is nothing resale value is still there. Reliability is another thing. I know guys with thousands of trouble free miles on their RX1's. I am confident those engines will last a long time. Who cares about SDI's...after high mileage, you have to start worrying about them and pumping money into them (cranks, pistons, rings etc.). Yes, Yamaha takes time to make major changes, but so far they are light years ahead of the competition in 4 stroke. It won't be long until the 2stroke won't be able to touch the 4stroke (as we see in the dirt bikes and atv...like the YZF450 4stroke quad...amazing power). Well, let's hope it's soon.

RAGE

Yes Yamadog, several people are in "rage" here on a Y site, but that is the OPEN MINDED folks who realize thaty dont need to simply accept or search for reasons to ride Blue, because America allows competition, and that is a good thing all the way around. I own Y's but wont simply praise Y because of that. 2 strokes (dfi) will be around until 2010, and then I will orry about what I'll ride. Read the posts of the 05 blue support,,,well I guess this is a good thing, and in a few years--in a few years I may ride a 3 stroke, a casket or otherwise. Myself and many of the other aggressive riders were simply looking for a ditch banger period. 1 stroke, 2 strok, 10 stroke doesnt matter, but make it compete on a bumpy trail...and they dont.

OH Guys... don't knock it till ya try it.
I have a SX700R and I spoke to a person who was on the test drive for the new 2005. He said the 750 four stoke will beat my 700 and will do it with a lot less gas. I watched the 2004 Warrior beat the Doo 800Rev in a race. Keep and open mind.
Soon all others will only have the 4 stokes that is the future of snowmobiling.
There is not one guy here that can cross a 5 mile lack with the throttle pined the whole ride...you can with the 4 stroke.
Anyone with the new Yamy will always be the first tocross the lake sinse we have to slow down unless we want to burn up.

There is not one guy here that can cross a 5 mile lack with the throttle pined the whole ride...you can with the 4 stroke.

That is not all true.If the sled is set up you can hold it wide open for a long time. Our yamaha shop does alot of lake racing up to 600 miles i think the one is and they never blew up there sxr or viper (now useing rx-1 and a viper) And the sled will run leaner at 1/2 then full out.

Yeah there are many many good things about the new yamaha's for sure they will out last any sled and go for ever on a tank of gas.

Just would have been nice (in my mind) if they made a snow X kinda sled for riders like me.Somthing short,powerfull and not 550+ lbs.

Back