New Yamaha's!!!

yamyrider said:
OH Guys... don't knock it till ya try it.
I have a SX700R and I spoke to a person who was on the test drive for the new 2005. He said the 750 four stoke will beat my 700 and will do it with a lot less gas. I watched the 2004 Warrior beat the Doo 800Rev in a race. Keep and open mind.
Soon all others will only have the 4 stokes that is the future of snowmobiling.
There is not one guy here that can cross a 5 mile lack with the throttle pined the whole ride...you can with the 4 stroke.
Anyone with the new Yamy will always be the first tocross the lake sinse we have to slow down unless we want to burn up.

750 4 stroke? I didnt see no 750 4 stroke and the 973cc four stroke is only claiming 120 hp

The 05 sleds are great. I think yami is headed in the right direction. You have to understand the politics of a sled that is bult in japan and sold in north america.Did you know there is a import tax on these sleds and that yamaha was told to hold back ther technology or face taxes so high they would be out of the sled market in north america. Its about protecting north american buissnes and jobs!! I was told this by a yami engineer. Remember the vmax4? When F111 racing was strong no one could touch that sled...The other manufacturers cried foul and changed the the race rules. Yami dropped outa oval racing. How about the srx in the drags? too fast.. now we need a tripple pipe class.
My point is that it is not yamaha, but our north american manufacturers and our goverments that hold yamaha back . Could Yamaha buld a sled that is light years ahead of all the rest?-- U bet. Its on the shelf waiting. Will they... nope. 8)

I'm just dissappointed that they don't take advantage of the snocross market like the other three. Thats where it's all leading to, rider forward, light and up to 70mph in the blink of an eye. If they would come sorry, WHEN they come out with a sno-x'er, I'm definately snow checking one. :idea:

Since Yamaha doesn't do midseason sleds, it would be next year at the soonest for a snoxready 4 stroke. Man I'd love that! Who cares if it wins consistantly, if it's inthe top 10 on the WSA pro circuit, that's good enough for me. the rest is up to the rider!

Here's to Yamaha reentering snox.

like the 05s

I'm 47 yrs young/old with bad knees and a bad shoulder. When the trails get rough, I slow down. I'm not a Blair Morgan or Mario Andretti wannabe who always has to go all out all the time. I value dependability, reliability, technology and sophistication over the need to possess the trickest, fastest, bleeding edge crotch rocket that will probably be a disposable pile of scrap metal in 5 years. I'm glad that my demographic is Yamaha's focus. Since I can't use my sled for daily transportation, these are just toys, I can't justify the price of ANY new sled so I'll wait 3 years and get a used Vector Mtn. I agree that they could be lighter, but when they're stuck they're all heavy, and 120hp is more than enough for responsible riding.

I guess my ego has been slammed too many times in my life to feel I NEED the "biggest, baddest, fastest super sled". I say "Way to go Yamaha", this new line up fits me well.

To you whiners who want a light sled, go buy a cat or a ski don't, no one's forcing you to stay with yamaha...I'll drive by laughing when your disposable sled takes a crap.

Back