Different weights on Mountain Max

powderhound

:?: Anyone try different weights than the stock 8cr`s ? On the MPI website they suggest 8bf or 8ab weights for piped and ported MMax`s running stock RPM. Anyone have any words of wisdom? Thx PH

I've run 8BU 10s, 8CRs, 8DN10 and 8DN20 with diff rivet combos, with close to the same total weight. Its pretty cool to actually feel the different shifting characteristics while still maintaining peak RPMs.

For me, 8DN-20s seem to give the best tuning options with the best feel for my style which is climb anything I can see till I s**t my pants.

Say Toodeep, are you running a YWY primary spring? How do you like that MPI transfer kit over the stock transfer rods, is it rougher riding? I think I will get a set of 8DN-20`s , sounds like the are the ones to use. PH :) Sounds like you have the same feel as I do. :lol:

The MPI transfer kits really rocks. I love the feeling of picking the skis up at almost any speed. The first time you grab throttle from a stop it feels like you are going to go over backwards. It's also nice to keep the skis in the air while climbing and not plowing in the snow.

As for the ride quality, I really didn't notice much of a difference.

The tranfer kit is OK, loses some weight which is good, pretty easy to adjust which is good, IMHO ski lift and max transfer is only good for draggin and wheelie comps, not climbin the steep.

You will trench like a mother if you don't piss with your skid settings, some of the higher HP MM's w/no DnR are gonna get stuck more than normal.

I ended up suckin the limiters up half way, loosest setting on front shock, rear shock in middle with FRA at full stiff, middle setting on straps. Seems to be workin good.

Oh, its on a 151, make sure you ask what length track and if they run a stock tunnel or not, makes a diff on performance of this kit.

Back