100/55 in single bulb sx

the only led bulb i can find is the rotating led bulb or is there just a regular led bulb i can buy? How much brighter is the 100/55 zenon bulb compared to stock?

It makes a big difference. It will dim when braking. A led strip light from Boss would work good. Maxdlx

i found one at richmotorsports for 20.00. thanks alot

I should have done a search, i see that this has been covered before. sorry:D:DP

Last edited:
I had a 100/55 in my '97 SX and it was alot brigther but that thing really dimmed a lot when you hit the brakes. Hopefully the LED tail light gets rid of that for you, it was really annoying.

I have the 100/55 in my SXR the brakes dimmed until I put the LED tail light and no more dimming. The LED draws a fraction of the current that a bulb does.

But how about the heat? shouldnt the reflectors take damage or the bulb been burned?

the bulb certainly will not burn. It is made for the 100/55 watt. There will be more current draw for this bulb which in fact will produce a little more heat but not enough to burn the reflector. I have had mine on for 2 seasons without damage to the reflector and I do alot of night riding and use the high beam all the time.

got a headlight and taillight from bluhmenterprises.com with the LED taillight there is NO dimming. better than stock in that respect actually

Notes: "If you use a heated face shield, use only 55/60 watt Xenon Gas Brite Lites" whats does thar mean? aint so good ín eng

Again you need the LED taillight for all this to work. 100/55 Xenon head light LED tail light and a heated visor will work without any problems and you would still not be at the capacity of the electrical system of the sled.

the heated face sheild is the visor.
The plug in type visor that has heater tape in it to keep it from foging or freezing on cold weather while riding. You plug the visor into the 12v electrical of the sled.

ohh now i see..**** feel like a idiot...well i blame it that i have the flue now..hehe

Back