SRX vibration

Danger Dog

VIP Member
I have a 00' SRX with a very noticable vibration and howl. I just put bearings in the case and jack shaft and drive shaft. When I had the suspension out there were no bad bearings and I put hyfax on. I run the track with 3/4 of an inch of hang. It gets louder the faster you go and it starts from almost a stop. It seems like it comes from the footwell area but it may be transferring thru the sled. :?:

I had simular experiences in the past, here is a list I experienced at different times,

1. Clutch weights out of ballance
2. Drive belt has a flat spot
3. I oversized my idler wheels to help slider wear, thus giving out a nasty vibration when idler wheels hit the studs.

ck this

These had crank shaft issues (not sure what years) so ck that

Simply tighten track a bit and see if that helps??

See if you have bent the drive shaft that your drive cogs run on--done that

Than the others as listed in the previous post.

I don't think it is the clutch as the motor does'nt vibrate and it only does it while moving. Not the belt. No over sized wheels, but I have them on my race sled and they do not vibrate. The 98's and 99's had the bad cranks this is a 00'. I normally run the track loss as not to wear hyfax. I am leaning towards a bent driveshaft. I should of checked it when I had it out and turned the drivers but I did'nt. Hopefully I get a chance to tear it apart next weekend. Any other ideas word be appreciated. The sled only has 1600 miles on it. I bought it with 1400 and it has not been abused. :?

I think I found the prolem. It has plastic backers on the studs and they are not sucked up enough. I replaced the ones in the outside ribs with aluminum and some of the vibration went away. I plan on doing the rest but I did'nt have enough backers. :)

Back